Advice about Automatic Watering Systems Please!

Hello everyone Ė Iím new to this forum. This is my first post.
Iíve decided to treat myself to an automatic watering system for my containers.
In the garden Iím making Iím going to have about 50 pots Ė all medium to large, in two different places. Thereís an external tap, so I imagine I will connect a computerised irrigation thing to it, and then somehow split a pipe.
Any advice, warnings or suggestions? Which is the best brand? Which is the one to avoid?