acorns

My neighbor has a very large oak tree that in October drops hundreds of acorns mostly on my lawn since the tree branches extend over my property. Its a task to hand pick these acorns up since the lawnmower does not. I also thought I might use the leaf/vacumn blower but the directions prohibit vacuuming hard things such as acorns.

Can anyone suggest an easier way to scoop these acorns up? Thank you. Josephine

Reply to
J. M. Russo

Try renting some squirrels. Or using a shop vac.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

What about getting a leaf rake? Something with wide plastic tines, so the acorns can't slip between the tines.

-S

Reply to
Snooze

Shop vac. On the cheap ones, the hose sometimes does not have swiveling collars at both ends. This makes them a pain in the neck to use because the hoses are forever getting twisted. Be sure to check this feature before buying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Use your leaf blower and blow the acorns and leaves into a pile to be picked up.

Reply to
Food For Thought

Food For Thought hypothesized :

Use your leaf blower and blow the acorns and leaves into a pile to be picked up.

You've done this yourself and it worked well for you? Or did you observe others doing this and it worked well for them?

Reply to
Gideon

It would work on a smooth surface. Maybe the tree can be convinced to only drop acorns on the driveway.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom