Accugreen 3000 question

Everytime I use this to spread fertilizer- I feel that the slots are clogged by the time I am done. Does this mean the application rate is low towards the end of the application vs. at the beginning. Please comment.

Reply to
Virgil Caine

Is this the drop spreader or broadcast spreader? I have the broadcast. I think the appilcation is dependant upon the setting plus the amount of fertilizer in the drum. Seems the fertilizer falls faster when the tub is full, the weight pushes the fertilizer out faster. I also think your speed while applying effects drop rate too. I thought the faster you walk the faster the fertilizer will drop, maintaining the correct rate. I always thought a pace O' meter with a needle that points to the good range when you are walking at the correct speed.

Reply to
higgledy

I believe that the 3000 is a drop spreader. I had the same problem when using a fertilizer with too fine of a grain. Many of the Scotts fertilizer products fall into this category - not much coarser than powder. When I switched to a fertilizer with more of a "normal" grain size (eg: 1/8"+) my spreader has always worked much better.

Reply to
M.Paul

What type of fertilizer do you use? I am thinking I bet I can get a better value at Southern States on a generic lawn fertilizer. Do you have any luck with the weed killer component of Scotts Turf Builder? I have only had limited succcess with that product killing weeds. I usually use Ortho Weed-B-Gone spray after the Turf Builder. So I am thinking to get just a fertilizer. What do you think?

Reply to
higgledy