A stab in the dark!!

I'm trying to identify the name of a plant I used to have in my previous garden.

Sorry, I have no pictures, but it was in a rockery and supplied great ground cover. The plant started to flower around late May/June or perhaps slightly later, I think and it was definately not an aubretia - the flowers were purple.

Can anyone help please?

Reply to
catkate

Vinca minor (periwinkle)? Google up a picture.

Reply to
Frank

Thank you, but no, its not that (I googled it). It started coming into flower about the time I put my bedding plants out, lasting all summer. I wondered if it was a form of campanula. Incidentally, there is a similar coloured rockery plant, flowering at the moment I've noticed in people's gardens. I particularly liked this one as it was later-flowering.

Reply to
catkate