A Few Hydroponics Questions...

I read in a book to transplant seedlings when the first two leaves sprout. I was wondering, if I transplant the seedling then, will its roots even be long enough to touch the nutrient solution? Another thing, whats something good to use for a wire mesh for this kind of project? One last thing, is miracle grow considered a nutrient solution, if not whats a good one? These are the last unanswered questions I have about hydroponics, so if someone could answer these, it would be a big help.

General Hydroponics makes a three part mix that is the standard for the medium.
It has a bottle of general and trace nutes, and then a bottle each of vegative and flowering nutes. You mix and match as you need to, but 1:1:1 is for all purposes.
-- Silly sig to prevent isp ad
Can I use Miracle Grow as a nutrient solution?

Never used it on anything but dirt plants. It seems to high in N by ratio, and you would need to be careful of grit or un-dissolved stuff that would plug up the drippers.
-- Silly sig to prevent isp ad