A decade of wrecked gardens!

Hey now! Good to see posts every day despite my lact of activity on this board, it goes on & On & on (like the energizer button) Just wanted to note it's been a decade since I started reading & posting here! Where does the time go? Been sowing seeds outdoors (6b) as time and weather allow - I have some beginning indoors; much to my chagrin, my two rescue cats (mom & daughter) seem to believe the soil is their personal plaything! Hope to be on here much often!

Hey Caryn! So nice to see you. Where indeed does time go...
I am pretty sure I've also been here at least ten years, maybe more like 14. I live in Austin, TX now. Much nicer than Dallas IMO.
I garden around the year here. I don't miss Long Island. Too expensive.
Nice to see you, really.
Hey V! I have a VERY old email addy for you - no longer in use - Ann yours is still viable. I do keep in pretty close contact with TOM KANPA, Bev, MAd,and some others.
Our strawberries look to be a huge crop this year......put down seafood compost before the big rains came...need to get mroe before the nor'easter comes..
Had to take out 12 arborvitaes so now I am debating what to put there...........do you think climbing roses that grow 8' can be trained back down onto a 5' fence?
Ca

I actually don't check the e-mail address associated with my newsgroup account, the spam I get is beyond incredible. Anyone who wants to contact me should use the *at* comcast dot net ending instead of @newsguy.com. 13 years on usenet have taught me to not make it wasy for the spambots!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Sure you can. Just bend (carefully) the most flexible canes so they can be fastened horizontally along the top of the fence. You'll get more blooms that way, also. If there are a lot of canes, attach some of them in a fan shape along the front face of the fence.
Emilie
Oh Caryn, I'm sorry...I didn't see this post before now. Email to snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com/zero remove the obvious and you're there.
Good to see you back. I now garden laying down! hahaha.

Glad to see you back! I think I first posted here in 1995. Many have come and gone, but I still love wreck.gardens!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Hey, Caryn how great to have you back! I have been "wrecked" for a decade also. I first posted here in Dec of 1996 I lurked for awhile before I got brave enough to write something......... Hope you do hang around awhile. Yes, I remember that Ann and Victoria were both here when I joined in. I see you talk to tomkanpa; how is he?-always enjoyed his thoughts. Say hello for me, will you
Emilie NorCal where things are looking pretty good: roses, columbines, iris