Subject Author Posted Replies

Oak seedlings
Hello everyone! First of all let me say that the anti-bot filter made it hard for ME! Especially the "type the 6 digits or letters you see in the box" - I couldn't see most of them! Anyway, the...
20
20

Multi Crop
I everyone. I am a Blacksmith bases in Sussex who loves gardening, and over the years i have always found that garden canes in grow bags can be a pain to keep upright as the plants get bigger. So i...
5
5

Setting up as a Gardener: Advice needed please
Hi I've recently been made redundant am considering a career change and building up a residential gardening round locally. I've designed some flyers and now need to buy some equipment. I want to buy a...
1
1

Spacing of plants
This year my garden will be all containers so tomato and pepper plants can winter indoors. My Habenero Peppers will be arranged in a north-south direction with a separation of 3 feet between N-S rows...
7
7

how much ground space for climbing plant?
hi everyone. this is my first post on this forum. i am getting my garden done up at the moment and am going to have a climbing plant grow up the rear fence. what is the mininum length of soil i need...
4
4

rhodie worries
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to gardening. We've inherited a rhodie with the house we got and it's not looking happy. Originally it was plonked in a border. I say plonket coz when it came to...
7
7

Skunk Predators
Except for some of the New World Vultures, like the Turkey Vulture, which may actually use its sense of smell to help locate meals.
4
4

How to Get Beautiful Flowers in Your Garden
If you are growing flowers in your garden, chances are you just have a single goal in mind: bigger, heavier blooms. The bigger your flowers, the more valuable they are. When a flower grows in size, it...
1
1

Science vs anecdote
Dave's Garden an article about testing some of the anecdotal recommendations for garden. I haven't tried any of these myself, so can't give an opinion. But I respect a source that actually TESTS some...
1
1

Peony !
Looking forward to my peony flowering soon (Festiva Maxima) more & more flowering every year. Just purchased a Inspecteur Lavergne Peony. I tend to plant Peonys in a large pot the first year to...
1
1

Catskill Spring
I get tired of everyone using this only for a dumping ground for their gardening problems, sometimes it would be nice to see posts of achievement. My gardening is doing fabulously this spring. I'm...
4
4

Holes in Rhodo leaves
Over the last 2 months I have noticed some significant holes in my 3 year old plant. I fed it with liquid fertiliser for Azalea, Camellia and Rhododendron about 4 weeks ago to see if this would help....
3
3

Rennie Bottali - Olive Tree
We have a three to five year old olive tree that we planted at the back of our garden approx a year ago. I am a little concerened as it does not seem to be very healthy. The base of the root sits on...
2
2

magnolia cutting
I bought a magnolia branch at a garden show, vendor said stick it in water = and the buds will open. They didn't, but a green shoot has appeared at the = base! there are white nodules at the bottom...
2
2

Guess Who I Saw Today
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st regular bee I've seen in years. Ironically, there...
32
32