Subject Author Posted Replies

Two little free Android apps: flower and tree identification
There are now two free Android phone apps, one for flower identification, and one for tree identification, (also one for birds, 're tiny apps, based on my (fairly popular) ID programs on the web,...
4
4

Eggs in Organic Compost ??
Hiya, I have just planted out some strawberries and tomato seedlings in an organic peat free compost. Over the last couple of days I have noticed these small (1 - 3 mm) yellow egg like objects have...
1
1

25 sunflowers growing. What is/are suitable container/s for them?
I have about 25 sunflowers growing. They're about 3 weeks old and are planted in a propagator. They are too big for their sections. I planted two seeds in each section, so I will try to separate them,...
2
2

Trees
If i was a tree i would want to have sexual intercourse with a cactus
3
3

Japanese Knotweed
Guys Hoping you can help here as regards the effective cure and removal of the said knotweed, its been confirmed as knotweed and as we live in a local authority owned and leased property (in Scotland)...
4
4

plant id please
Any clues would be welcome Thanks +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download: |+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
1
1

Mystery plant
Anybody able to identify it from this photo? A volunteer in the garden. Almost 7 feet tall already.
9
9

Jamie Oliver Garden Furniture Giveaway!!
I'm so excited about this Jamie Oliver competition. I love anything Jamie Oliver related. He's having a competition to advertise his new garden furniture range. 24 prizes up for grabs!! There's a...
2
2

Azaleas on sale
I couldn't resist. My nursery advertised $8.99 azaleas for $3.99. Of course they're on sale because mostly finished blooming. They don't look too inviting, but I can give them needed TLC....
1
1

Frost and plants
We had very strange weather, first it was very warm for couple of weeks, so plants started coming out outside, and then temperatures went down and it was even snowing once. Everything pretty much...
5
5

mountfield M1popular
This is my first post could any one tel me the outsid diamiter of the engine pully on my M1popular it is missing it has 2 A BSLTS
3
3

Camellia Sinensis leaves are suddenly wilting
I have a camellia sinensis, which is 1-2 feet high. I mist it twice a day with water from the water but, and water it once a week. It stays indoors close to a window, but out of direct sunlight. I...
2
2

how long before I decide the hydrangea are dead
I added two hydrangea to the gardens last year - both were rescues from the discount shelves so I don't have lots of money into them. But both looked to be thriving in the fall of 2011. But I had an...
6
6

Last flowers in the land of parrots
The Cape Honeysuckle attracts one of the locals before it gets cold(ish). http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/Wild%20animals%20and%20birds/RosellaHoneysuckle2.jpgDavid
2
2

Can you identify these young trees?
We have a seedling coming up in a pot, it is now about 3 inches tall. Unfortunately we can't remember which seed it was. Photo: is a similar looking young tree outside, about 14 inches tall are...
5
5