85 year old reflects on Daisy Picking

Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.
<http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm
Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
Bill who putters wrote:

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You need to know when to let go a when to hold tight.
David

. . . and beware of people who know what's best for you.
--
- Billy
In article

Who can predict the future? Why spend the first 60 years of life worrying about the last 20?

Billy... The best thing for you to do is "Eat, Drink and be Merry" :) Quote from a wise old King from the THE Holy Bible posted by an Atheist.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Dan L., you got that back ass wards. Let Maurice explain this to you. <
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=VideosInteresan&annotation_id=annota
tion_814223&feature=iv#p/c/B80839111D612F79/7/kBjGw8BQ9P4>
--
- Billy
In article

But, I am Maurice :) I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August 31. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!! I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens. And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last :)
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Did we see the same video? Honor (Maurice Chevalier) wasn't withdrawing from life. He was just happy to be freed from the insecurities of youth. You'll understand better, when you get old.
--
- Billy
In article

I will soon be free from the insecurities of youth and I am old :) 52 is real old. I even get AARP signup letters which is a true sign of getting OLD and decrepit :)
If Maurice was alive today in modern times, he would waddle from life as fast as he could :)
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Naaa, just another wannabe.

One doesn't retire from life, one engages in it. Besides, we'll both be dead by the time the real shit hits the fan.
You sound like an Indian, who just wants to get off the wheel of life.
Poor boy, poor boy downhearted, depressed, and in a spin, Poor boy, poor boy, oh youth can really do a fellow in
--
- Billy
Dan L. wrote: ...

retirement is very nice. :)
decrepitude is much more manageable when you don't have to live by someone else's schedule and you don't have to perform for others unless you wish.
good luck these next few months Dan.
songbird

I plan on increasing my knowledge of particle physics and tensor calculus during the winter. Increase my knowledge of biology and gardening in the summer. This will be all self taught at my own pace. Ahhh the good life begins, I now have time to this :)
Oh yes, Cooking will be year round. I find I like the culinary textbooks more enjoyable over the regular recipe cook books.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Dan L. wrote:

Between the garden and the calculus you have two out three essentail activities (physical and mental) covered but what about social?
David
David Hare-Scott wrote: ...

usenet! :) just kidding... i get your point.
ok, some tips from a hermit who lives with someone who isn't:
bake cookies/cakes/snacks or even *groan* healthy stuff, for your favorite library and/or greenhouse. they appreciate it (well ok, i did :) ). it's a nice place to get to know people who are also into reading. going and sitting and reading the paper and chatting with others it's not too scary.
call the neighbor and invite yourself over for tea or invite them over or bring them some rhubarb or beans or *whispers* zucchini...
songbird
Dan L. wrote:

you play billiards? :) i love it like this too, i'm finally learning guitar and how to read music and all that music theory. it sinks in slowly, i have a wood head, but i am on my third year of fumbling along and i make mostly agreeable noises so i'm allowed to continue.
this reminds me of what it used to be like when i was a kid. go outside and play all day, mess around in the mud and water, read 2 brown paper grocery bags every few weeks. etc.

yay! :)

Cook's Illustrated is good like that, check it out at the library. also there are several good science of cooking type books that are interesting in their own right along with microbiology books that get into things like spoiling, molds, cheese making, fermentations, pickling, acetic acid, etc. all very interesting to those who are into the biological processes going on all over the place. did i say anything about canning and preserving? :) many good works there too.
my tough line of reading list for the winter is going to be a chemistry/ organic chemistry review... i had chemistry in high school, but didn't need it for college so now i need to backtrack and pick it up again.
songbird

I am more of the scientific type than the artistic type.

I do record the TV shows to "Cook's Country Kitchen", "Primal Grill", "Good Eats", "Simply Ming", Mexican One Plate" along with "Garden by the Yard", "P. Allen Smith", "Victory Garden" and "Cultivating Life". I have been recording these show for 5 years. Eleven hours of shows each week on a single DVD. I watch them during my lunch break on my laptop at work. I have hundreds of these disk in a single shoebox. I rarely watch TV at home. Now I can go through them and try out more of the meals at a slower pace.
My latest Purchased books on food are: Home Cheese Making: Recipes for 75 Delicious Cheeses, ISBN-10: 1580174647 and The Home Creamery: ISBN-10: 1603420312 Since I now have a calf named Bess. It will be another year before I get into making my own dairy products.
I like this book allot, local store, an out of print book called,: Cookwise: The Secrets of Cooking Revealed, ISBN: 978-0-688-10229-6 by Shirley O Corriher. This is a book on the science of cooking.

I had three courses in Chemistry. Chemistry is a memory game that I never did well. I like the worlds of Computers, Physics and Math which are rule based games. Those areas of study have fewer rules to remember. Just learn the different ways to manipulate the rules.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Dan L. wrote:

:) Ma watches them from time to time, America's Test Kitchen is my favorite when i convince myself that i must watch tv.

that sounds wonderful and i'm sure there will be plenty of adventures with Bess. :)

good to note. thanks!
songbird