Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this plant? ? ?
I decided this year to try my hand at balcony gardening, so I got a good-brand packet of pepper seed from the garden shop. When they came up, I assumed they were peppers, but as they matured, clearly...
3
3

Pear tree dead ?
We have a small pear tree in the garden which was already in the garden when we moved in 10 years ago. the tree always produced small hard pears which we could not eat. this year, the trea only had...
2
2

Improving and maintaining lawn
Hey guys my Co-Athor just wrote this amazing article about improving your lawn: would like if you can give me a feedback, what you are thinking about this...
3
3

Winter in a warm climate
Winter here is not very cold by Nth American and European standards. The frosty shots in this collection are about as cold as it gets, that is about -4C air temperature, probably -7C on the ground....
9
9

I'd really appreciate some help in identifying a couple plants
We're in SE Massachusetts, USA. The first plant popped up in a flower garden. We dubbed it EG (the Enthustiastic Grower). It's about 8 feet tall. The second plant (OMP- Other Mystery Plant) came up in...
6
6

Bioplante- PLANTS LIVE LONGER AND BETTER
Hi this is to inform all of you that after many years of hard training, Bioplante have figured out a way to ensure long lives of plants and how to make them healthy and look better. plante intérieur...

Potatoes!!! We are so proud!!!
Hi all My wife and I moved into our new house earlier this year. we have a garden for the 1st time!! We have really been bitten by the gardening bug and growing (Well trying to!) everything. This...

Base for decking
Hi - I am looking to install some decking to replace old unsightly concrete and part of my lawn. I have removed the concrete and turf for the intended area but am finding that the ground beneath is a...
5
5

Honeysuckle problems
I have a honeysuckle bush that, up until recently, seemed to be quite healthy and was growing well. I had to spray it with insecticide due to a small spider mite infestation killing off the top...
16
16

Will it kill my tree?
My landlord has demanded that I chop the 20 plus foot eucalyptus tree down to 10 foot, can I do this without killing it if so how
2
2

OT: Held hostage by critters
Stretch neck, if you can do a chook you can do a mouse easily (very quick, no mess but personal) Smack brick on head (very quick but possibly messy) Feed to cat/dog (isn't "natural" soooo gooood)...
15
15

Bug ID wanted
I found about a dozen of these bugs (beetles?) crawling around a few leaves of my nasturtiums. And on one leaf there was a egg case. They are about 1/4" long. I'm in Brooklyn, NY. washed them off with...
7
7

Plant Life!
Hi all! I recently developed a new website which is designed to help people plan, view, and share garden details. I did this purely from a desire to share my garden, and to help other gardeners show...
1
1

Badly damaged tree? ? ?
We had a very beautiful, healthy coral bark maple tree which was about eight years old, and 10 feet high. It was destroyed when a nearby tree fell onto it, leaving only a tall stem, with one sprig of...
9
9

Ground Cover in Flower Bed
Last year I planted this really nice small leaved ground cover that flowers these really bright tiny flowers. I love it , don't get me wrong but it only flower in the spring and it is choking out...
1
1