Subject Author Posted Replies

Front porch losers
These two plants have been on my front porch for years. Their foliage always looks like ****, though they get the same care as others. They bloom occasionally, reluctantly. Basically, just taking up...
6
6

Anyone Recognise This..
Hi All, Photo's attached, one a little out of focus, sorry. Kind Regards Brian +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download: ||Filename: | |Download:...
1
1

What does "bolt" mean?
Hi All, When I hear that a plat will "bolt" from the hot weather, what does "bolt" mean? Any way to prevent it? Many thanks, -T
6
6

"Hate to eat and run, but...
This lovely article, from the Heifer Project's magazine "World Ark", reminisces, inter alia, about how food production used to be. It reminds us about differences not only between *methods* of...

Can you help me ID this plant
Does anyone know what this plant is, see attached photo, thanks I think it is some sort of grass +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMAG0086 (Large).jpg |...
7
7

New to this site and gardening
Hello I'm new to this site and sorry my first post is so long I recently (springtime) moved to a new house and after 20 years living in a top storey flat I now find my self with a fair sized back...
6
6

Rock Gardening came in the mail this AM.
Worth a gander.
2
2

Bulk chile seeds
Now that Rocky Mountain Seed over in Denver has closed does anybody know of= a source of small quantities of chile seed? I'm thinking along the lines o= f 4oz. or so and am particularly needing NewMex...

Japanese beetles showed a color preference
We have shrub roses, variety "Pink Grootendorst." Most of the blossoms are the expected pale pink, but one bush somehow produces blossoms ranging from nearly white to deep red. Since we treated the...

Problem with Pergola
Hope that is the correct term for the wooden structure in our garden. Actually it is not the pergola that is the problem but the mass of honeysuckle, clematis and ivy covering it. The honeysuckle is...
4
4

Fences - Cats - DIY?
****I guess my reply didn't make it into the NG, but it gave me a chance to realize that it was x-posted. I'm posting only to Here's message: - Show quoted text - As the owner -- more like servant --...
13
13

David H-S "The Monthly"
David I know you are interested in the science of climate change but I don't know if you buy "The Monthly". If you don't, can I suggest you buy the Augusst 2012 copy as it has a very interesting...
2
2

bugs in my squash
Hi All, I am getting really frustrated. I need to grow things organically for reasons I will not go into: just know that growing organically is the only option. I currently have two plants in my...
6
6

MCPA and roses
I have some clover growing in my rose bed - the sort of clover that is big vigorous and puts out runners that just break off even if you try to dig then up. I am sick of trying to dig this stuff out...
2
2

East Facing UK Garden + Clay
Hi, I have been 4 years in my current home, and the back garden pretty much each year needs some new plants and shrubs. Although I admit we have in the past bought what looks nice and arent...
27
27