Subject Author Posted Replies

Can someone identify this plant?
Hi, from your picture, I'd say it was an ash seedling (Fraxinus excelsior) Lannerman. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+...
3

Tomato Alicante going brown not red !!
I am new to the forum & new to gardening. I have tried planting 3 tomato plants this summer which all have over 15 tomatoes grown on each plant. But instead of going red so I can pick & eat, they...
1
1

Easyvator Garden Tool Invention
In the list of benefits you forgot: - Destroys soil structure, makes it "like apple crumble" (why?) - Munches earthworms (exterminate exterminate) - So light it cannot deal with heavy soil, any soil...
5
5

Variegated virginia creeper ?
Anyone have this ? Can't find any for sale but may just plant the common variety. I know the common creeper turns red in the fall -- does it dies back completely or stay somewhat evergreen or "leafy"...
1
1

delphiniums-over winter
Hello - my first question. I have grown delphiniums from seed. Now they are in pots, and are quite healthy. My question is, do I keep them in pots over winter, or should I plant them in the ground?...

Shed
Best way to rejuvenate flaked and weathered timber on ship lap garden shed.
3
3

HeAdInG hOmE
Newt. . . http://i46.tinypic.com/25hlo8w.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/1ju640.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/x6io2b.jpghttp://i48.tinypic.com/ayoyvq.jpg
1
1

how do yo plant carrot seeds?
Hi All, I was looking at a packet of carrot seeds. They are very tiny. How do you plant them without special vision equipment? Many thanks, -T
21
21

Clematis for shade/filtered sun
I know sweet autumn clematis would work but already have one and looking for the same vigorous growth in a another variety. What are some "runner ups" to the sweet autumn? Even if I can't get any...
1
1

Earthworms
You needn't build anything... for fishing woims all you need do is hose down a small area and sprinkle some dry cereal (oatmeal) on the wet ground in late afternoon and the next morning well before...
7
7

Help, advice needed on mystery plant
Hello, This is my first post on a forum and Im after some advice, we bought our home a couple of years ago and the woman who lived here before was obviously a keen gardener. I dont claim to know much...
3
3

rough soil ideas?
Hello all i have started work on my front garden, i know its getting late int he year but i have only really just finished the rear. being in the north west (uk) my soil is clay, an has a number of...
1
1

what to do with dead leaves on zukes?
Hi All, As my Zucchini plants grow, I am getting a lot of dead leaves (new ones too). Do I let mother nature take its course on the dead leaves or do I cut them off? And, if I cut them off, where do I...
4
4

Mystery plant
Can anyone help identify this plant please. I had one a couple of years ago that grew to over 6feet high and 4 foot across. It has furry silver green leaves. there are two photos, one is a large plant...
5
5

Planting shrubs in September - which is best?
Hi guys, Long story short I have been sorting out a garden for an elderly friend and there is a watch of soil which I weeded yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend what's the best...
2
2