Subject Author Posted Replies

Books On Using Worm Castings Only
Hi, I would like to know if there are books on using worm castings only, as a medium? Alex
4
4

Wet summer pics
These are of the garden, the floods and some wildlife. http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/Wet%20summer/David
6
6

Problem with white rose plant
I have a white rose plant in my garden, but it is not giving any flower....any suggestion.
5
5

Walled garden project today
I started today in the walled garden procject as a volunteer today . it was wonderful I shall be back on Thursday.
1
1

guava plant not giving fruit.
I have a guava plant since last 5 years...but it does not give fruit....any suggestion.
3
3

help on yard intervention
Hi, I have about 1/2 acre of thorn bushes that I've finally begun to clear out. There used to be some grass down there. Currently here is the plan 1. use ryobi triblade to cut down stalks 2. rake/drag...
6
6

Sandy killed my garden
Hi all I live 1 block from the ocean in Rockaway, NY. My entire property was inundated with about 7 feet of salt water by Sandy. My lawn is dead. My azaleas are dead. My butterfly bushes and my lilacs...
9
9

Escallonia advice
Would anyone be willing to advise whether my Escallonia Iveyi hedge is suffering from the effects of a cold winter or the dreaded fungal leaf spot disease? Photos here of the hedge on planting in Oct...

Source for Red Lava Rock
What is the most economical source for a large bag of small red lava rock, to be used as a replacement for pumice in a succulent soil mixture? I also want to use the red lava rock as a mulch.
5
5

I need help identifying a plant/flower
Can anyone tell me what this is? It's beautiful and the person who owns it has no idea what it is either. It is growing in central Scotland...
2
2

Acer palmatum 'Anne Irene'
Hi, does anyone have any information about Acer palmatum 'Anne Irene', in particular how big it's likely to get?
4
4

Mystery Plumeria
Mystery Plumeria started blooming indoors in my home in Chicago on January 31, 2013. You may ask why I call it *Mystery Plumeria*. [image: Many times plumeria plants which for whatever reason couldn?t...
1
1

wicken grass in asparagus bed
any advice on the above subject, i have an asparagus bed that after a couple of neglected years have allowed wicken grass to move into the bed. Can you lift the crowns and then clean the bed and...
2
2

Poppies
I just placed my seed order from Pinetree ( Mostly vegetables, but a few flowers and herbs too. In my flower garden I'm going to grow poisonous plants this year for the foundation; so maybe the...
13
13

Laurel tree broken in the snow
Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster... Anyway we have a very big Laurel tree in our garden 30 ft or so, during the recent wet snow, two of the very big side branches seems to have dropped,...
2
2