Subject Author Posted Replies

Grow ginger from "root"
As a card-carrying ginger freak, I have decided to try & grow plants from pieces of the ginger "root" sold in markets. (It's not really a root.) Checking on-line I found contradictory sets of...
2
2

Greenhouse removal
Here in Seattle, I'd post it on freecycle or Craigslist.
5
5

any way to get rid of perennial ryegrass in front lawn?
Last year, I killed off my front lawn completely, and reseeded it with several types of creeping red fescue. (mostly epic and boreal) I usually don't spend much time on the lawn, and don't even water...
2
2

What flower is this?
I have googled and flipped many pages of flower books and such...I still ca= nnot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain i= n Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen...
3
3

Lily of the Valley
I have an area that I want Lily of the valley to run rampant, would also like a possible companion plant? Anyway, if I plant the pips here in the midwest right now, will the plants come up this...
6
6

What wood for a bedding area?
I don't think plastic lining will extend the life of the timbers, may even shorten it by encouraging condensation and preventing evaporation. I used real used RR ties for a raised bed garden. they'll...
3
3

Monkey Puzzle Trees
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I want to buy my Mum a Monkey Puzzle tree for her 50th birthday! She has been going on about wanting one for as long as I can remember but I don't know where I...
3
3

Newbie shrub / gardening advice
Hi there, I have recently moved into a house with a front and back garden. I have never had a garden before so am hunting down some advice. First of all, I have a low shrub at the front of the house....
1
1

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash!
Hi, I think there's a virus killing my winter and summer squash. The leaves have yellow spots and they are curling, growth is stunted. Does anyone know a source of non-gmo virus resistant seeds? Or...
11
11

Advice on which type of Passion Flower to go for?
Hi I'm going to be buying a Passion vine and need to know which type to go for that would survive cold weather. It'll be kept in the wheelhouse of a boat which is un-insulated, so it will be protected...
15
15

Hot compost pile
Fast composting requires air, so turn it if you want it to go quickly. I duplicate carvings and this The heat of the pile will depend on the ingredients and the size, bigger heaps get hotter as they...
3
3

Lawnmowers ??
Any automobile battery charger will charge it, but it may not hold a charge, it may need a new battery, only one way to find out. Everyone who drives an automobile or any vehicle with a battery needs...
7
7

Cheap Topsoil/Fill??
Anyone know of any companies that sell GOOD and cheap bagged topsoil/fill?? Almost everyone near me has the "Scotts Premium Topsoil" for around $2 bucks a bag, but the stuff is crap!! I bought some...
15
15

How delete nuisance posts...
...for example, the "mamuals" group that recently appeared. I looked around but could not find a way to delete selected posts to this (or other) NG. TIA HB
1
1

Fungus-resistant shrub for shady area??
We have a spot iln our garden where we have lost an azalea and a viburnum to a fungus of some sort. (Verticillium wilt is common in our area, but there are other possibilities too.) The site is mostly...
2
2