6" PVC pipe available online?

Hi,
I'm looking for 6" PVC pipe that I can buy by the foot online. The only place that I can find it locally (Fergusons in Portland Oregon) sells it in 20' lengths which is waaaayyyy more than I need.
Does anyone know of any websites that sell this size by foot online? Or if you live in Portland, do you know of any brick and mortar stores that sell it in shorter lengths?
Thanks.
You've got to be kidding! Why would anyone sell 6"engths! Find a contractor and search for sraps. There aren't many scrap dealres online!
On 10 Aug 2005 14:41:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold

You mispelled Ents, Serapis, & Eelers, but I got the gist.
-paggers
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:33:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote:

Tired an spiel chicker wusn't terned on on new lapptop...thanx!
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold
Tom Jaszewski wrote:

He didn't ask for 6" lengths. He needs 1' lengths, and is looking for less than 20' total, which is the shortest length he can find 6" round PVC. That's a pretty tall order, as there aren't very many people looking for 6" diameter PVC, and certainly not at the normal retail levels.
To the OP: Find out who's using 6" PVC pipe, and see if they have any scrap left from some of their jobs. Unless they're also using it for short lengths like whatever you have planned for it, they may be willing to part with some.
Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on using it for that either 6" flexible tubing or 4" PVC (both commonly available) can't be used for? Could there be some other way to accomplish what you are trying to do?
--
Warren H.

On 10 Aug 2005 14:41:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

McMaster Carr sells it in 5 and 10 ft lengths. Hard to imagine you'de save anything after shipping.
http://www.mcmaster.com /
catalog page 47.
On 10 Aug 2005 14:41:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

install/repair mains in neighborhoods. They will probably be happy to unload such a small piece if they have one.
Regards,
Hal