Subject Author Posted Replies

Shasta Daisy
I really wanted to plant 'Marconi' Shasta daisies, but it appears that nurseries no longer carry this variety. I will settle for a similar Shasta. It should carry its flowers on stems that are at...
1
1

Growing Phormium
Hi all I live in northern France and am presently growing some Phormium Tenax. They are about 2ft long now. Presently they are covered, but I would like to know at what stage they can handle our...
3
3

Help! What type of flowers to plant????
Where do you live? HB
3
3

Young fruit tree grows suckers
Many fruit trees from those "big catalog" shops are grafted onto useless or worse, incompatible rootstocks. The result is lots of suckering as the roots are having trouble getting nutrients up and...
8
8

Boxelder bugs
I've recently noticed a lot of red bugs in my garden, so I took some pictures of them and looked them up on google, and I'm pretty sure they are Boxelder bugs. The thing is, I don't have any boxelders...
2
2

Allium
they will spread by seed! I keep pulling up the young ones or they try to take over. these are ONIONS and they spread like crazy. Ingrid is they look lonely in a spread-out grid. Will they spread by...
6
6

bay trees
i have 2 bat trees quite large but the leaves are yellow what can i do, thanks for any help.
4
4

Organic bug killer for Spearmint/Peppermint
it is best to identify the bugs in question before anything else. one of the basic ideas behind organic methods is trying to understand the whole system so that it can be adjusted in the easiest way...
2
2

Maple tree leaf problems
Hi, I've uploaded some images of some tree leaf problems I've got on two of my maples. Before I call the arborist, might someone give me some advice? I've seen this before, but not all over the...
3
3

Transplanting Lily of the Valley
Can it be done? and how? zone 5a/5b Ontario Canada. Currently have under a magnolia tree 21 started shoots of Lily of the valley. Spaced about 6 inches/15 cm apart. I have in another part of my...
6
6

Centipedes -- god awful smell?
Pretty sure I've finally solved this mystery and looking for confirmation -- a horrible smell in my house, only in spring/summer and especially when the soil is wet. I live near a woodland area. So,...
3
3

Transplanting Bird of Paradise
I have an old BP that has made beaucoup pups over the years. I wanted to t= ransplant it -- them -- to create a privacy screen between me and neighbor = (where I had huge hedge removed). My wonderful...

Helen Foss
and always offered tons of seeds that she saved. ant to think the worst, so inquiring if anyone else has heard. entioned any physical problems or illness... g garden Up There (just kidding!) Just to...
5
5

Beds
From: Mary Alison Subject: Keeping grass down in flower beds? Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk I've gotten free mulch - shredded trees - from the power company, but it doesn't keep the grass...
2
2

Landscape mesh?
Why I Hate Landscape Fabric: An Unfair and Unbalanced Look at Weed Cloth ⋆ North Coast Gardening