Subject Author Posted Replies

Clematis gall?
Hi all Is there such a thing as Clematis Gall?? There are new leaves coming through all wrinkled. I'm sure it's not wilt! It's flowering well,and is about 3 months old. Cheers. John...

first tomato!
It's only the size of small plum but still-- first tomato! It turned red mostly the last couple days suddenly and thought I better pick it before the squirrel. So far, humans 1 squirrels 0
10
10

OT: Father's Day
I rarely post OT, but this is SO right on! ========================= WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?Americans sent over a hundred million Fa ther?s Day messages on Sunday, the National Security...

ID this plant?
o'nights! That plant had been in garden so long I'd forgotten, if I ever knew. Ouch, wait - I am losing my mind. The plant you responded to is the one I *just bought* at plant sale. I messed up by...
5
5

Clematis
My multi blue clematis is done blooming and the blooms are dropping to the ground. The plant is very bushy on the bottom half of the plant with only a couple of long vines on the top. Is it now time...
1
1

Do I prune my zuke/cuke seedlings?
I only hose the dirt off the roots when i'm trying to separate multiple plants. Hold the roots in the palm of your hand, and hold the stalks with your thumb. Once most of the dirt is off, try to...
7
7

Ground cover toughest, flattest?
is very rarely used. There is a small area to the R. of the path, up against a neighbor fence. tough. The aesthetics are sort of important, but the practicalities over-ride. Cinquefoil (Potentilla...
14
14

Flower ID please
Columbine is a perennial. All species are quite hardy, but many also tolerate hot summers (e.g., southern California). Some grow wild in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, and there is a wild species...
4
4

Another plant identification, please!
One little check to do on these possibilities - Camellia has a toothed edge to its leaf when you look closely. Cotoneaster doesn't - if you have something that looks like a cotoneaster and it has a...
9
9

Hawthorn Summer Transplant Success Rate?
Hi, I have 4 relatively young hawthorn plants, anyway I had to transplant them Winter 2013 to my new house and I had them planted in my front garden. They were doing fine and were going lots and lots...

mail slot
I was sitting in my recliner chair reading "Mistakes were Made" the other day and I hear a noise at the door. Sounded like the mailman. But I do not see a mailman in the window. I get up and look...
6
6

Sinister looking new vine in my yard
That looks like it could be English Ivy. Get tips for growing English ivy. Care is easy -- and it's a beautiful house plant with lush, trailing vines. Find out how to water, prune and grow ivy...
19
19

Can I save my lavender?
Hi I'm new and a relatively inexperienced gardener. I've recently received some lavender plants from crocus but they aren't in great condition (they are sending new plants out after talking to me...
2
2

mandarins
For citrus, sweetness is primarily a function of climate and not from fertilizer.
2
2

passionfruit
Your peak production would generally be late summer and tailing off through autumn. I doubt they will grow or ripen anymore now. D
1
1