Subject Author Posted Replies

my id question
Well, you've got Brunonia australis down there, and there's only one Brunonia! The way plants are named doesn't always make a lot of sense - there are no Brunonias further north.
13
13

Umbrella plant problem
I have an umbrella plant that's about 8 feet high, at least 15 years old, a nd which I was watering by filling up the drainage dish (it took about 3 cu ps a day). The roots were filling up the...

What is this tree/shrub growing in my garden?
The time has come to give up searching pages under 'tree leaf id' on Google!... This tree appeared, in fact, 3 separate ones in the same area but I have no idea what it is. The top/new leaves are a...
4
4

New garden bed
Can I mix grass killed a month ago with roundup into soil With tiller. What to do with fresh sawdust, I have a lot, if it can not be used fresh how do you rot it quickest. If the new bed has 6" of...
4
4

5 Ways to Fix a Kink in a Hose
1. The best fix by far is to throw it out and get a new one. Then you can always fold back the outlet end and tie it closed, drill 1/16-inch holes along the length and use it for watering something. I...
14
14

Compost ignites
My first question would be could you be diabetic and spilling a lot of sugar into your urine?
9
9

Reparing a sloping lawn
Hi folks, First off, for the home repair and gardens folks, the lawn groups don't seem to be active right now, so I hope this is close enough to the topics here. I've got this side yard (photo link...
13
13

What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?
Hmmm... they're under an oak tree (which bears acorns). And, they "look" like the same leaves. But, that's all I had to go by. Having seen the majestic deeply lobate oaks of the east coast, I do...
79
79

Please enjoy plants and flowers pictures takens from the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden on Big Island, Hawaii
The following web page has 84 pictures of the amazing flowers and plants from the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden on Big Island, Hawaii. Hope you like them like I do!
6
6

Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tall gangly plant
Ignore Kay at your own peril.
97
97

Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missing o-rings)
By the way, I went to ACE today and picked up "their" rendition of the almost 100% brass garden hose shutoff valve: Like the Home Depot garden hose valve, it had a black material where you'd rather...
25
25

Miracle Grow?
I seem to be having better luck using Miracle Grow instead of 10 10 10. My question is does it have to diluted and poured at the plant base or because I have an irrigation system can I just sprinkle...
8
8

Hydroponics and Cypress Mulch as a Medium?
No experience of hydro but compared to clay pellets mulch would be both chemically and biologically active. For example it may change the pH of your solution where clay wouldn't. there may be other...
1
1

Best Bargain Birdbath
Nice bit of pasture. Now all you need is some horses...... D
1
1

Crocosmia -- lucifer?
I'm in Indiana and have a few of these coming up but got them in late. I think Lucifer is the hardy variety? not sure. Can these be left in ground all winter and when do I plant more? fall or spring?...
1
1