Subject Author Posted Replies

Qualcast Suffolk Punch
I have an old Suffolk Punch 35. There is no spark at the plug. I have taken the flywheel off and there is a lot of oil in and around the magneto. The inside of the flywheel looks worn as if it has...

OT; HAPPY NEW YEAR...
...to my Jewish fellow-gardeners. May you -- and all of us -- have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. And may there be peace on earth! HB

What to do with Brussel sprout spires?
Hi All, I have a single Brussel sprout bush. It occasionally gets spires with flowers on it. The flowers eventually turn to pod and then the wind blows the spires over, thorns and all. Can I cut the...

Aphid damage
Hi All, I have a single Brussel sprout bush. It got attacked with bazillions of aphids last week. The aphids, in turn, got attacked by me with organic Chrysanthemum. They are all still hanging there...
13
13

Tough Tomatoes
This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What...
4
4

moving mexican salvias
hi all i am having to move some plants to allow builders access to an out building and have to move a lot of plants. i have a mexican salvia that is about 2 and half metres right now and still growing...
4
4

What plants are suitable with Bug Hotel?
Hi guys, I've recently bought a insect hotel from 'Bug Hotel - Handmade Homes For Snug Bugs' ( I purchased three of their Mini Bug Cubes, they're fab! But now I'm interested in attracting some bees...
1
1

Can anyone idetify these plants please?
Went for a walk and spotted these. The white one seems to be a lily, it has the same pods as a lily. It forms large clumps and grows waste high, it flowered in early august. The red one is unkown to...
3
3

Designing
Hello friends... Natural design or the natural way of the designing is the best way to decorate the home or the living place.... So what are the perfect ways which is used for the implemented for the...

What plant
Hi anyone name this plant for me '[image: '( http://tinyurl.com/qxy966o
6
6

Fruits
Hello members.... Which type of fruits we can grow at home... And what are the precautions should be needed for that....
1
1

Shrub ID please
Hi there fellow gardeners. Could you tell me, is this image a Philadelphus? If not, any guesses? Apparently it hasn't flowered in a while, probably due to pruning at wrong time of year???? Thanks....
4
4

fruit trees are going nuts
I have a 25' x 25' back yard since I live in the city and the next house is 18" away on one side. My dwarf peach and apricot trees are so heavily loaded that I am now propping the peach branches up to...
1
1

Plants Growth
Hello members.... I want some tips related to the growth of the plants.... What are the basic features which will help in the growth of the plant...
3
3

Ericaceous compost and adding lime
I have been unhappy with many potting composts this year. I have ended up using a good quality ericaceous compost to which I have added garden lime at the advised rate of about 500g per 100L. The...