Subject Author Posted Replies

Walmart Find
Walked into Walmart last night and just inside found a $1.00 bin full of D affodils, Crocus and Tulips. Packages of 9 and 18. I am not sure where I am gong to plant them as I planted 48 Daffodils...
12
12

All ***ed up
Yesterday, today, tomorrow, over 85F. Does take a swift dive at night, tha nk goodness; you sleep with a blanket all year here.* About to sow SEEDS of "winter" crops - radish, lettuce, beet, green...
3
3

a little snow
it wasn't the first time we've had snow in the air, but it certainly gives the signal that winter is on the way. we'll have some cold for a bit then warming the rest of the week so i should be able to...
3
3

The Quiet Season
in many parts of the U.S., NG members are digging in (pun intended) for the Winter. So those of us in warmer climes at home and abroad, miss you. How about exchanging suggestions that go beyond the...

Bitter Lemon(?) Tree
Planted this from a nursery labeled "mandarin orange". I'm guessing that the orange branch had been grafted onto something else and died. Maybe ornamental fruit? Definitely not edible... Has been...
2
2

Mixed native species hedge
Hi. Under my planning permission for an extension i have to plant a mixed native species hedge. My question is what options do I have as the hedge will be in full shade! Lots of the ones I like need...
2
2

Cicadas
I have holes appearing all over the place away from trees. I always thought cicadas laid their eggs in tree bark and the nymph climbs down and buries itself in the ground nearby ready to climb back up...
2
2

OT: Safety from gun violence
Now we can relax! HB WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?A new study released today indicates tha t Americans are safe from the threat of gun violence except in schools, mal ls, airports, movie theatres,...
21
21

Planet Monitoring System Using Sensors - Design Project
Hello all, I'm an EE student working on my senior project, but my group and I are stil l in the design stage. We're designing a planet monitoring system that mea sures moisture, sunlight, temperature,...
3
3

Oleander Growth in Shade
How well will Oleander grow in shade? This is in a hedge application, in an area that is shaded by a large tree canopy even during summer.

Can I save my old blackberry briar?
I have had a blackberry briar growing out of a one foot square hole the corner my patio for nearly 30 years - I believe it is Bedfordshire Giant. It has cropped well and reliably. When I first planted...
4
4

OT: FRACTALS
At this site: you can see "divinely" beautiful pictures of Nature, ***including plants,*** illustrating the concept of Fractals. (BTW, this is the first time I have run into a two-letter site. Is this...
3
3

chocolate banana
why isn't there a chocolate/banana candy bar?
7
7

OT: Happy Diwali!
Funny compilation of the best bits from episode 6 of season 3. All credit goes to NBC.

What is this plant?
Hi there. Does anybody recognise this plant. It could possibly be something from a hanging basket which has seeded itself but I can't remember from when....
1
1