Subject Author Posted Replies

For Charlie - re:hot sauce
Hey Charlie, We have two variations of hot pepper vinegar. The kind you make is the old standard around here, but not everybody uses the brown sugar. (some do, some don't) For the extra hot kick, I...
57
57

Ortho Bug B Gon Max question
My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce and mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on the outside of the label, and the inside of the label...
23
23

Biodynamics?
interesting, but rather involved. Does anyone have any experience? Steiner is interesting, but I'm not looking to get too far out here. Main site looks to have some good info as well. always lookin'...
19
19

Plans for Building A Mason Bee House -- EZ!
'm all over this! We had mason bees building in some openings in a wood rocker we had on the porch and I got thinking and checking. Looks eezy-beezy Carin' About the Pollinators Charlie
1
1

Grass
Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?
3
3

Q: What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?
I have lots of rocks that I've hauled home from my favorite glacial outfall pile. And a few (two, I think) pieces of wonderfully contorted driftwood but not much else. What do you have in yours? Oh,...
51
51

The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.
Things are such as they are. Never the less things remain such as they are. Still things are as they are. Foolish Chinese obscure shit that obviously ruined my mind. Bill
8
8

eggshells
Hey everybody, dummie me wanting help again. I remember something about being able to recycle eggshells by crushing them up and putting them to plants. can't remember exactly what for though -...
19
19

Crushed brick as mulch substitute?
I have a fairly large gazebo, built on the side of a mountain, on a sloped site. I have planted many plants all around the structure, and I need a mulch substitute. The site is too steep for regular...
4
4

Nontoxic Garden Insecticide Using Fels-Naptha Soap
The new Mother Earth News just arrived and one article had a recipe for a safe insecticide. I gotta try this as soon as I can find the soap, locally if possible. I found it at the manufacturer's site....
13
13

Gardening in Sacramento, CA
My wife and I are moving from Olympia, Washington, to Sacramento, California, in September for a new job. In the Olympia area, we have fairly mild temperatures since we are at sea level and a lot of...
4
4

Mystery of slugs & coffee grounds
I may have solved the mystery of why coffee grounds repel slugs. Maybe. I put down some coffee grounds around my broccoli plants. We had a spell of sunny and warmish (for end of Autumn May) weather....
1
1

I Need Some Tree Advice Please
Ok, the apples that landed me in hot water are still sitting in their pots in the driveway, as it won't dry up enough to dig. Sitting in the drive is a daily reminder, to my dear, of my transgression!...
11
11

Help Identify fruit tree: asian pear, plum
Thanks in advance, JS
1
1