Subject Author Posted Replies

Propagating Goat's Beard?
How do you plant Goat's Beard (a roadside weed with a nifty yellow flower that follows the sun and closes up at noon). ``fruit'' Just clip off the fruit and leave it around where you want it to grow?
1
1

Enjoy those Gardens and Flowers....We May Be Running Short on Time
We could be heading for a massive die-off, and I'm not talkin' bout the bees.......I'm talkin' 'bout us. I know this has been talked to death, but solutions aren't appearing, whilst excuses are...
25
25

ClearSpan Hobby Greenhouse
We just purchased a Clear Span Hobby Greenhouse and wonder if anyone else has had any experience with these. We are still putting it together after 3 days of fighting crappy hardware, lousy...
5
5

My dad at work
http://media.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2004/dec/taketwo/rich_200.jpg
3
3

Princess Plant - prune?
Many of you probably know about, or even have in your garden, this gorgeous plant that has blue flowers beyond belief. My two plants are old; have become big & straggly. I've been afraid to prune,...
6
6

Need to move Russian sage TODAY
...and I'm finding a surprising amount of resistance as I try to dig it out. This is only its second year and it's about four feet tall; how widely do the roots spread? Yes, I know it's not a good...
2
2

holiday cactus question
I have some holiday cacti, I'm pretty sure they're Thanksgiving and not Christmas, which are a little bigger than I'd like them to be. If I would trim them now, would it prevent them from flowering...
1
1

Grass Hears; Conflicting Sharpening Advice
All Internet sites advise us not to use a sawing motion with the hand file. However, if you view the bevel as a hill, some sites say that you should drawfile diagonally up bevel (uphill) and other...
2
2

Alternative ti injurious wire in a hose
Belt-like material for staking trees. Trees do not move in the sense as they run from danger. However, they constantly move in place. Camb Guards respects that movement and allows the tree to sway...

tree pruning
Sorry for the bother. I have put together a website on pruning. before I link it to the dictionary ( ) I was hoping someone could review this for me. I am still working on the section on branches and...
1
1

Common Tree Problems
Many tree problems are associated with the following: Troubles in the Rhizosphere Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting and Look up "Tree Planting" Mulching - and Look up "Mulch" Improper Pruning...
9
9

It's time for another spit turtle...
...my grass is crunchy. I'm not going to have any flowers for the fair if it doesn't rain soon.
17
17

What's wrong
With being a stockboy's son? Nothing because we get discounts on produce and fish and flowers too. Dad seems to learn more everyday as he helps folks load their cars with food he gabs with them and...
1
1

Colorado Potato Beetle
What do I do about them? Is there anything on the market that will kill them off? My little crop of potatoes is infested. Any advice will be appreciated. Wayne
6
6

Weird grass (turf that is)
I put in a fescue lawn about 10 years ago, and have noticed an odd grass growing in my lawn in small patches over the years. I have noticed the same odd grass in neighbors yards as well. This...
1
1