Subject Author Posted Replies

hemlock woolly adelgid - Pesticides and/or Asian Lady Beetles
Hey group, Southern NY here. Yes my 100 ft row of hemlock hedges maybe 6.5 ft high, are afflicted. I noticed them declining last fall. And now that I know what the cause is, I can see that they are...
1
1

Land in South Manchester
In the UK, sorry for any confusion
1
1

Lawn care thoughts
To winterize or not to winterize lawn "Winterize your lawn", the big sign outside the garden store commanded. I've fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a lot of it die away. Now I'm...
3
3

Microbial solutions, the green way
I distribute microbial products in the denver area ( ), and would like to hear from anyone that has used a microbial product in their lawn or garden and what kind of results were found...... good or...
1
1

Question about tomatoes
My tomato plants are four feet tall and are laden with full market size green tomatoes. Seem to me that some should begin to ripen but they continue to stay green. In fact it seems that they have been...
26
26

Hot peppers question
I've forgotten what type of hot peppers I bought. Does it make a difference when I pick them? If they are supposed to turn red are they any less hot when they are still green?
7
7

Question About European Linden Trees
We were just in Austria and enjoyed the manuy fragrant linden blossoms in early June. Is this your basic "European Linden" so called? We are interested in planting one in Seattle. Would it be a good...
9
9

need help with choosing plants
planning a backyard makeover, need help choosing plants for partial to full shade, Want lots of color though and minimal maintenance (I am handicapped). Complementing a water garden too. I made a...
1
1

HELP - leaf/plant disease!
This is the second year that it looks like my vegetable and flower garden are doomed. I thought it was only the luck of last year when I had crop failure and not to happen this year but I was wrong....
9
9

Sprinkler Head for Rectangle
We need to include several rectangular areas in our sprinkler system. These areas are 5 x 15, 4 x 14, and 4 to 5 x 17. The Toro catalog illustrates side, center, and end strip patterns as all...
3
3

Help identifying tree
I have this tree near my house and don't know what kind it is.. I am getting concerned that it's too close to the foundation of the house... Any help would be appreciated...
7
7

Clover % in lawns
I found a interesting snippet about clover %s in pasture last night. The source is organic pastoral farming however many of the things discussed have excellent transferability to lawns. The particular...
4
4

rototilling rocky soil
The soil my yard sits on it extremely rocky. It's very nice soil, all glacial till and stream bed composition, but more rocks than I care to count. Digging a hole is an exercise in futility as I will...
37
37

Break New Ground....Build More Beds.....Get More Pots Growing
I's lookin'...........not too good. Lawns need to be turned to gardens, every porch and balcony needs to be farmed. Like it was in the forties and fifties with "victory gardens" and such. Charlie...
82
82

does anyone know what type rose this is?
Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no ID with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and the price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find...
15
15