Subject Author Posted Replies

"Multiple Houseplant Mushroom Invasion" - Please Help!
Hello fellow gardener I appear to have bought a contaminated batch of Asda Smartpric compost. In repotting several plants I'm now seeing the prolifi fruition of a cream to brown coloured fungus. A...
3
3

When to plant for fall crops?
I would like to put in some late cabbages and potatoes (and maybe a few root veggies) for fall crops. I live in the mid Willamette Valley, south of Salem Oregon. Does anyone know when I should...
8
8

Bouganvillea bug
Hi, my first time of posting here, and I hope someone can help me. I live in Spain, and have several established bouganvilleas, one o which has some nasty little bugs. The plant as a whole looks as...
3
3

Patio Tree
We live in South West France. normally we get temperatures of up to 3 degrees C in summer, and short periods of minus 9 to 12 degrees C i winter. We have had a patio consturcted and have left a one...
5
5

Oh yeah....Brazilian Biofuels
better still use the corpses as a source of blood & bone. Some nice organic fertiliser. You'd grow great sugar cane to run my car on. rob
2
2

Huge Farm Bill Offers More of Same for Agribusiness... FP
Golly gee whiz, Gomer! Can you smell Monsanto et al. behind any of this? Look at the subsidized crops.....think GM.....think Roundup,,,,,think Monsanto.......sold out yet again in the good old U$A. Go...

Chipper / Shredders
Hello all, Well, Fall is coming and I want to be sure I wont get caught in between huge mountain of leaves in my yard. I have about 1 acre of land here in Arkansas with about maybe 10 to 15 trees on...
3
3

Freeze Control
Is it possible to use 1 polyethylene sheeting to protect plants from frost or freeze in early spring? This year my backyard vineyard took a big hit during Easter Week. We had about 4 days of temps...
3
3

Latest from Maddie
(forwarded by Janet) Maddie says: apparently I have to have a google account to access the newsgroup, they recognize my e-mail address, but I can't get the password right. No internet until August 9th...
3
3

pH testing kit
About to apply sulfur to chlorotic azalea, but one poster advised I test the soil first. Here's what I got from my local nursery. [t]wo options to test your soils pH. They have a pH meter which...
5
5

Mystery Plant
Have been lurking here for ages and have picked up lots of helpful info - am hoping one of you will be able to help me identify a delightful mystery plant that bloomed in my garden this week. I've run...
2
2

OT to the max: Call it catharsis
From a British news review. I am never in the same continuum with these beings, but accidentally clicked on a link and was frozen incredulous...and yet they do co-exist with us on the same planet -- I...

Jerusalem Artichokes
Anyone ever grow them in your gardens? Are they easy to grow, difficult, attract bugs, or take up lots of room? It was my understanding that they have large root structures, so they might suck up...
6
6

Enjoy with planting Sunflower in your garden
O My Garden expounded: So much carefulness - I guess that means letting them set seed helter-skelter and thinning out the ones you don't want doesn't work? That's my preferred method, seems to work...
7
7

Free range wheat
Has anybody here tried growing free range wheat? If so, what were your experiences? rob
8
8