Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are the lower leaves of my potted sunflowers turning yellow?
I am a 100% novice gardener!! I have planted sunflowers (in pots) whic are just beginning to flower however the lower leaves are turnin slightly yellow and brown-dry in places. Is there something I...
6
6

I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of?
Peas, peas, peas, and more peas. Every 3-4 days, I have at least 13 gallons of peas to pick, shell, wash, blanch, and freeze. Do this every year, but seem to have a lot more than usual. Not really...
24
24

coastal landscaping plants
Hey y'all, My mom & dad (step) are permanently moving to their "retirement" home at the beach this winter. By at the beach, I mean right across the road from the ocean bay, between jacksonville &...
4
4

Naughty Four-Legged Footprints Lead their way to Wag Hotels
Elegant swimming pool, yummy food, spacious lobby and 24 x 7 service hours charmed me to Wag. My pet's too happy to see the other members around. I'd heard of Wag before but I wasn't motivated enough...

Purple Fungus In Compost?
Hi Everybody, I have noticed recently some purple dust-like material on the top of my compost. I pour enough liquid on, that it should wash off, but the fuzz is there again a couple of days later. So...
2
2

Mosquito Magnet update
We have gone through two of the 21 day cycles with our Mosquito Magnet and can report the following: First cycle: 8.4 grams of mosquitoes @ 2450/gr = 20, 580 mosquitoes Second cycle: 29.0 grams =...
5
5

TGTA Newletter Email List
TGTA Newletter Email List The Green Thumb Alliance is publishing a new newsletter in E-Zine Format. It will be filled with info on the TGTA and their sponsored groups as well as gardening articles and...

California Buckwheat
I'm thinking of planting some of this on my patio to draw some beneficial insects. The patio will have a clear polycarbonate roof over part of it, that will overhang a plywood roof over the far back...
3
3

Do seeds have to ripen on the plant?
Or can the seed pod/flower head be cut off and hung to dry after it is formed? I'm thinking of things like Bread-seed Poppy, Balsam, Echinacea, Sunflower, etc. I can't think straight anymore but I'd...
10
10

clogged drainpipes!!! :o(
My drainpipes and gutters are forever getting clogged with leaves an moss etc, anyone got any helpful, hassle-free hints to stop thi happening!???? I've heard about drainpipe filters, are they an...
3
3

Brown leaves on some maple leaves on some branches
I have a woodlot with lots of maples. Toward the house I have some maples that have branches with SOME brown leaves (like a leave turning brown during fall). It appears to be leaves toward the trunk....
1
1

Raspberry Plants
Hi! ...I've got a newbie question here. This morning my wife, in a bit of over-zealous cleaning up, snipped a large number of red raspberry plants to the ground in an area next to the house. I live in...
1
1

What are these?
I was out taking a walk ( Denver area ) and found this growing among some weeds on the side of a street. The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I could smell them from a few feet away! What are...
6
6

Arbortitae Problem
I have six Arborvitae planted in a row with about 10 feet betteen trees (Central Maryland). They are about 5 years old and are doing well except for one tree that developed dried needles on one side...
4
4

OT: Does Honda/Acura understand customer service?!!?
Honda likes to advertise that they offer above average service... Acura, prides itself on being the luxury division so one might expect luxury service. But given the following set of circumstances,...
9
9