Subject Author Posted Replies

Sticky pots today
The sticky pot sickness was upon me today. I did not escape the nursery without the following: Rudbeckia Cherokee Sunset and R. Prairie Sun Sweet Potato (Ipomoea) Vine Sweet Caroline variegated...
16
16

Ash disposal
We burn our paper trash (in the same barrel in which we burn wood for barbecues) and we had to do something with the accumulated ashes. My wife had our son go through this elaborate process of mixing...
6
6

Hostas by rooting cuttings ?
I was so sure I'd saved an article from several years ago, on how to take hosta root cuttings, rather than division, to expand your collection. Now I cannot find that article anywhere, so I'm...
4
4

Muddying Up the Gene Pool: Are Genetically Modified Foods Causing an Allergy Epidemic?
Got the latest edition of 'the non-toxic times' today. This was one of their articles. Vol. 8, No. 9 - July 2007 Muddying Up the Gene Pool: Are Genetically Modified Foods Causing an Allergy Epidemic?...

Zygocactus
This year all my zygocactus rotted at the base. I took the stems that fell from the plants and these are beginning to root. I know that these plants will rot if left wet, and although I had all of...
3
3

Green pumpkins
I've been trying to grow pumpkins for the last 12 years and all I got was NADA. Until last year. Unbeknownest to me I had 6 good sized pumpkins growing underneath all the vines. But when the vines...
6
6

Waterlogged clay soil just won't drain
One of the pleasures of writing this column is the feedback that I receive from you, the readers. Sometimes that feedback is a question about a problem with a tree or shrub. Sometimes, it's a...
2
2

where do i start!!
hi all, i have just stumbled across this forum in my attempt to sort out m 'gardern / jungle' basically, my garden has been untouched by me since i moved in to th house 3 years ago and probably wasnt...
6
6

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Mold, unknown
I need some help on this one as I can not seem to identify it. Most fungi that I can not identify, I just let pass and move on but this picture was just too striking not to share it. js
8
8

A wonderful backyard landscaping idea.
Check out this article for landscaping your backyard. It's a pretty good idea.
2
2

Reposting about my female pumpkin flowers
Does anyone know of possible causes for why the female flowers on my pumpkin vines keep wilting and falling off before they even get a chance to grow enough to open? I have one pumpkin doing very...
1
1

Paulownia tree seeds
Does anyone have Paulownia sees to give away? Jackie
2
2

What's this odd leaf? ? ?
The leaf at this link blew onto our porch today. Can anyone identify it? http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4xpgq/leaf.jpg
5
5

Plant ID wanted-- little information
A friend in Tokyo recently sent me a batch of seeds, and included a few bulblets from a plant at first he called a lily, but then said he doesn't know the name of. The bulblets are green, about the...
8
8

Dahlias
Has anyone dealt with Swan Island Dahlias? I am thinking of making a large purchase from them.
3
3