Subject Author Posted Replies

Clivia - 2nd flowering
I have a clivia, about 4 years old, which has always flowered early i the year, but is now throwing up a 2nd flower stalk and it is close t breaking open. Does anyone know why this has happened? Or is...

peach trees
I live in Oregon and have good luck with Apples and Pears (and of course Blueberries) in my orchard. When I tried Peaches though, they made fruit one year, then for the next two years, right after...
5
5

How to remove tree stumps
I have a poplar tree with a metal rod in it (for support when it was a small tree). I cut it down, the stump is 7 feet tall. How can I cut the rest of it down, with the metal in it. The diameter would...
10
10

olive tree in lawn
Hi, we just moved in a house where we have a olive tree in the front lawn. It does look good. The leaf is yellow and falling. People told me that olive and lawn should not be together because olive do...
2
2

Fruitless Plum/Green Leaves??
Live in Henderson, NV. A desert for sure. Landscaper planted in late May a fruitless plum(flowering) tree. The container looked like about 15 gal. It has to be a very young tree. He said your drip...

Red Mulch Update
I know the very thought of unscientific results being reported in this newsgroup drives some bonkers - tough tookies. My very unscientific experiment with red mulch (compared to many, many, many years...
2
2

Brandywine tomatoes
Just tasted the first one. Holy smokes. Not like any tomato I've ever tasted. It's an old variety, not very disease resistant, so the leaves look like the plant's struggling a bit, while the Better...
45
45

Guanabana Tree (& fruit) and Ear Trees
We recently visited a nature park here in west central Florida. There was a really neat tree with some strange looking fruit that we found later appeared to be a type of guanabana tree. The fruit was...
2
2

Groundnut vine - how do I get rid of it.
While it is not a weed in the truest since (as it is a food crop and supposedly a native), it can't grow up and around the wires coming into the house? It's not a good place to dig - the feed for the...

Wahhh!!! The garden's gone!
Between the heat (heat index has been anywhere from 102-125 the last couple of weeks) and the lack of rain, the veggie garden is gone - despite all my sprinkler system watering every day (early...
13
13

Herb garden needs better drainage to thrive
Some plants seem to do just fine in clay soil, but for others you will need to provide much better drainage. Here's a question from a reader who is faced with that problem. QUESTION: "My hosta/herb...

After the pines?
I had 7 large pines removed because they were shading the plot for my future vegetable garden and because they had lost most of the needles from the lower third of the trees. I couldn't bring myself...
8
8

Mixing rose-of-sharon, redtwig dogwood, peve minaret
I intend on planting three Blue Satin rose of sharons in my back yard. Drainage can sometimes be an issue, however, so I was thinking of adding some mositure-loving redtwig dogwoods and peve minarets...
10
10

Hibiscus White Bugs
Live in Florida and my plant is located on our screened in pool area. Get's plenty of sun and I guess is an outdoor plant. I have small white bugs in my hibiscus buds and leaves. Just planted it about...
2
2

red bugs
Hi, new here, but hope to become involved. So here's today's question. I'm sure we are not the only people with this situation. In the last few days our back yard, deck and one tree have been...
7
7