Subject Author Posted Replies

Not a great year
Only thing that did well was the yellow wax beans. They fairly LEAPED out of the ground and bore profusely for 2-1/2 pickings. Now will replant area with snow peas. The tomatoes did very poorly. Out...
1
1

What would eat a yellow jacket nest
After digging it up. I never saw the live nest as it was in the center of a bed, but spotted the freshly turned soil this AM... Cheryl
6
6

Taming an Overgrown Forsythia
Hi all. I've let a Forsythia in the back yard grow without pruning for some ten years now. I'd like to bring it under control. I think I can figure out how to prune it back, and let it recover next...
3
3

Where to buy a Prunus Serrula near by Toronto?
I want to get a Prunus Serrula because of fantastic bark but can't find anyone carrying it. Does anyone know where I could buy/order this in Toronto? Or does anyone have other recommendations for a...
4
4

Id a plant, pls
Mixed up seedlings. These should be either anchusa or heliopsis. Plan on left has soft fuzzy leaves. Plant on right has paper thin leave like an impatiens. Any idea which is which? Upload of file has...
1
1

Rose of Sharon and whitefly
Hola, amigas/amigos - I am getting rid of a bamboo that has gotten out of control. Not spreading, but shedding those little paper-y thingies all over the place. I asked a landscape architect relative...
3
3

Cutting back perennials!
Should most perennials be pruned to ground level after a hard frost or is it best to wait until early spring? Or is there no hard and fast rule and depends on the plant? Thanks PWP Zone 4
4
4

Crispy Faerie Holler and other news..........
Hello friends, Maddie here. It's been awhile since I posted something. I see on the earlier posts that thanks to the kindness of friends, there was quite a little stir caused when my last post was put...
10
10

Tamerask Tree (sp?)
I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but does anyone know where I get get some seeds for this type of junk tree? Shane
10
10

Trim back plants to concentrate their energy
QUESTION: "This spring we had a hard freeze mid April that killed all tree and shrub greenery. All have thankfully recovered but the growth now is mostly new stems and sprigs especially on the crepe...

Identify Flower Photos
I have a lot of flower pictures that I have taken. However, I do not know what several of them are. You can see my generic descriptions. I like to take the photographs, but I have no idea what most of...
39
39

Sempervivum
Hello, i need plants of sempervivum, orostachys, jovibarba. Someone have this plants. Thank you. Pot
3
3

Evergreen Screening Plants
Hi, I need some evergreens to provide screening. Ideally something tha grows quickly to a height of 15-20 feet and then stops so that I don' have too much pruning to do. Also, a small width would be...

philodendron invasion
I have had a couple of vigorously growing philodendron houseplants for a few years now, giving them new pots, water, and a bit of fertilizer as needed. This week, I discovered that there were lime...

why do trees crack and sap?
this tree is cracking and sapping..i know it will die within a year if i dont find a cure. anyone know what causes this? it is a plum tree. the images are here: in advance
1
1