Subject Author Posted Replies

long island salt marsh
Where can i find photo gallery of salt marsh plants of long island or far rockaway ny?
1
1

Best Indoor Garden Options?
Hello, I'm interested in eating healthy and on the "cheap" as well, so I thought that I would try to grow my own lettuce and herbs indoors. This is where my knowledge on this subject ends. I see...
3
3

HELP...Cheap Indoor Garden?
Hello, I'm interested in eating healthy and on the "cheap" as well, so I thought that I would try to grow my own lettuce and herbs indoors. This is where my knowledge on this subject ends. I see...
3
3

Flowers for Spring?
I am just starting to get a passion for growing flowers and I don't know really anything about it. I planted some different kinds of flowers this last spring and they did wonderful! They are...
5
5

Tree Cutting
Hello, I have a tree in my front yard that seems to be growing just fine except on the very top. It looks like it's completely dead while the rest of the tree is green. If I was to saw the top of the...
8
8

hunt for britain's most imaginative gardens - uk charity competition
Hi ? hope this is okay but I thought keen gardeners might be intereste in a competition that?s been launched by a charity called Unite Response at They?re hunting for the most ?imaginative gardens?...

What is the best way to protect wood from the elements?
I am looking to build a couple of things from left-over wood from a recent addition to our house. I was thinking of Bird houses and Bat houses, as well as cold Frame and a vegetable garden fence. But...
3
3

Looking for Free Fruit or Nuts Trees/Seedlings
Hi! I am want to replace several trees I had to cut down last year or a couple that will probably need to come down in teh next couple of years. I would like to plant some nice fruit/nuts trees....
9
9

Mangos
Does my little mango tree need to come inside if the temperature is gonna drop briefly into the low 40's tonight? Bob
1
1

well water vs public water - cost
My house has public water and well water in the basement that's only available for garden purposes. Does any one know what is the cost of using well + electric pump vs public water? Let's assume that...
40
40

Cold Frame
Anyone provide basic design reqiurements for a d-i-y-winter cold frame Choice of materials, features etc -- John Mulligan
4
4

adding peat moss
I live in Northern Illinois where (unfortunately) the native soils contain a good deal of heavy clays. This spring I was given a dry root hibiscus, which I planted, admitted without enough thought of...
4
4

Planting bulbs under pea gravel?
Hiya, I have a few beds with bulbs in them and was looking to put pea gravel down on top. I realize the pea gravel will help keep the weeds down but will it also prevent the bulbs from sprouting? I'm...
8
8

Finally picked my Garden Tractor: My process
To do: 2 acres of grass, and towing a 5x9 trailer on the property for misc tasks. Budget:
1
1

weed-wrangling tools
I was watching HGTV this morning and was interested in one of the tools shown in this link. is the specific tool I'm interested in: anyone know where they can be bought? I don't recall ever seeing...
18
18