Subject Author Posted Replies

Transplanting Wintergreen
I have a big patch of wintergreen I discovered when I smelled lifesavers when mowing my lawn. It used to grow in a shady spot near lots of white pine. Once the EPA came in and cut down the trees, the...
10
10

Ground Beef Recall Expanded
Perhaps of interest, given the recent discussions about the beef industry and the fact that some of ya may be getting one of these toxic gut bombs from somewhere. Just happened to be on the MSM news...
288
288

FA Flowers & Trees of Palestine 1929
Flowers & Trees of Palestine by Augusta A Temple 1929,some foxing to first couple of pages,otherwise a nice copy. Unusual book on it's subject with a section of 30 colour plates.
1
1

PBS's Victory Garden
Has anyone been watching PBS's Victory Garden this season? Everyone from last season except Kip (the gardner) is gone. The new hosts are just horrible. The programs seem to be all over the place and...
54
54

Landscape Gardening: Where To Begin
"low lying and rather swampy?" Sorry you are so bigoted. I enjoy natural swamps. Sometimes better than an artifically created "Japanese" garden that's not within 1000 miles of the actual Japan. Also,...
12
12

Beta Grape Qs
Hey all, I've got a section of fence in the back yard that's been neglected (just moved in) and we're looking to restore it to producing grapes. 2 of the 5 original vine plants are still alive but...

Proper Tree Mulchin
Mulching - Look up "Mulch" Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic...

Be a Bonsai Gardening Master
"Man Discovers Secrets of the Bonsai Masters...And Finally Breaks Year of Silence and Reveals How ANYONE, from Beginner to Advanced, ca Create and Care For Beautiful Bonsai Trees!" "Who Else Wants to...

Avoiding the dangers of Roundup
Hello, I am hoping someone can give me some valuable info here. We are about to move to a farmhouse that has a canola farm which surrounds us almost entirely. The farmer uses Roundup. I have heard...
36
36

T5 Grow-Light @ EBAY
I'm looking to buy a 200 Watt T5 Fluorescent (with fixture) from ebay -- to be used in a 3'x3' (9sq feet) area (unused shower stall) the sellers blurb on his products to good to be true...?
1
1

Japanese Maple Suggestions?
Hi guys, I have a small south-east facing garden and would love to hav a Japanese Maple in a container on my deck. Ideally i would like one which grows to a maximum of 5ft. Is there on which fits the...
6
6

:Plant New Tree Where Old One Died
I had a two-year old dogwood that succumbed to the drought. I yanked it out, and am ready to put a Japanese Maple sapling volunteer from a neighbor in there. Is there any reason why the exist soil...
2
2

Well pressure tank Q
I'm getting the well system in my home back in working order and breaking it off the household feed for use as outside water sources and irrigation. I have an existing pressure tank that I can use, 36...
6
6

tree wound dressing
Words From SHIGO on Wound Dressing
31
31

State officials scared by drought
raeannsimpson expounded: We're hot and humid again, but it's supposed to break tonight. We had 1.5" of rain a couple weeks ago, and .12" sometime in mid-August, but that's been it since the beginning...
8
8