Subject Author Posted Replies

new style of raised garden pond
is a new company based in Yorkshire. We suppl raised garden ponds and a range of planters to match. We sell acros the country and would be happy to help anyone with any pond relate questions they may...

Kinda OT: Medicare prescription drug plans
Hi All My wife and I are about to lose our blue cross insurance due to retirement. We both qualify for social security, medicare and the drug plan. Does any one know of a place that I can evaluate the...
11
11

Japanese Maple Sapling
We have a neighbor who has a J. Maple. Every Spring we get volunteers spawned from it. We have one about 12 inches tall now in the ground. Will it survive the Virginia winter, or should we pot it and...
2
2

exterior wireless electrical lighting?
hi i thought maybe someone on this group could help. i have an aluminum gate that surrounds my house, with several concrete columns every 15 feet. . they are about 150 to 200 feet away from my house....
11
11

Pssst want to buy a usd bridge?
spam snip

Ipomoea (moonflower) vine
I have a very nice Ipomoea vine doing quite well in the back yard. Started it from purchased seeds last summer. I am not well versed in gardening in gen'l and Ipomoea in particular. Now that the...
5
5

Shovels, Bat, Gun used over tree-lined boundary
Local headline from NC: Fences may make good neighbors, but one tree line in Dunn has marked a feud that has included a battle with shovels, swings of a bat and a drawn gun. Can read the whole story...
14
14

Michael Pollan: Americans' Unhealthy Relationship with Food
Article and interview with Michael Pollan about his upcoming book. "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto" Care Charlie http://alternet.org/healthwellness/65379/
4
4

Lawn Fertiliser Advice
I have been looking for an autumn lawn fertiliser without moss kille and they seem to be few and far between. I know that Scott's produce a Autumn Lawn Builder which does not have a moss killer but I...
17
17

Gardening Tips For Landscaping A Slope Or A Hill
Why exactly is flat property so desirable? Have you never had a drainage problem? David
1
1

Harvest Festival in the Chicago Area
This weekend, Oct. 20-21 the Midwest Fruit Explorers (Midfex) is having their Harvest Festival at the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe, Illinois. There will be a display of over 100 different kinds...

Sulphur to lower pH for iron chlorosis in pin oak trees
I have been using Medicap Fe trunk implants very successfully to fight iron chlorosis in my many pin oak trees for 15 years. Soil samples show my pH to be 7.3 minimum and 7.6 near our long concrete...
10
10

URGENT!! Withering indoor clematis
URGENT!! Withering indoor clematis Ok, so I bought a clematis about 3 weeks ago or more and it is livin inside till it is strong enough to go out in our british weather. However it has been wilting...
9
9

Grass clipings, etc.
I live in northeastern Illinois. So if I was to put the bagger on my lawn mower this time of year I would end up with a mix of grass clippings and ground up leaves and twigs. I have some bare spots in...
7
7

Hot curb appeal warms up cold housing market
Are you selling your house? Or rather, are you trying and hoping to sell your house, but becoming increasingly depressed about the soft real estate market right now? Believe it or not, there ARE steps...