Subject Author Posted Replies

Are Canna bulbs safe from Squirrels (2023 Update)
I'm planning to grow a bed of Canna next year. However there are lot of squirrels and skunks around my house. Is this a bad idea ? I can try to plant the bulbs deeper and mixed with chilly...
4
4

Treat Christmas cactus like a tropical plant
QUESTION: "I've inherited some Christmas cacti from my mom and my wife's grandmothers. The ones from my wife's side were big beautiful plants. Recently they have started to turn yellow and are...

Our luck ran out...perhaps
I usually walk about checking our oak tree leaf lines. Sort of a early warning that an oak is in decline since it is easier to take out a sick tree than a dead one. I live in the woods. Today may tree...
4
4

A Great New Concept!
Hi there, I'm new to the gardening life, just have a small area to plan in, i didn't know what to do with the surplus plants i had left ove until i discovered a great new green website that i thought...

serious tree problems addressed
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive. Troubles in the Rhizosphere Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting up "Tree Planting" Mulching - Look up "Mulch"...
19
19

Creeping Fig
Hi! I bought a couple creeping figs which I'm going to try to cover my stucco balcony with. I also bought the clips that need to be adhered to the stucco and then tied to the fig vines. A few...
3
3

Pumpkin Seeds...I have no idea! Help!
Ok, so we carved a (Supermarket) pumpkin at Haloween, then had a bright idea of saving some seeds ready to plant next year. I kept back a good handful of seeds, and put them into a plastic food bag...
6
6

liverwort
Hi, Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of liverwort on open ground? I've tried Roundup and vineagar (separately) without much effect. The liverwort is taking over areas which used to be covered...
3
3

Always Wanted to Do?
Just a chit-chat thread.. Is there anything that you all had always wanted to do in your yard/garden but have not done so far? Myself, well, I have a few things I'd always wanted to do but still have...
33
33

Overwintering perennials
I have heard and read that it is a good idea to cover perennials with 6 to 8 inches of leaves. We are in a new development and we do not have a lot of leaves; however, I obtained some awaiting pickup...
11
11

Rosemary problem
Every fall now for several years I have dug some of the rosemary in my garden, potted in growing medium, and brought it indoors. Invariably, soon after I have brought it in, the leaves start to get...
10
10

Sandy soils
6
6

Newbie Hydro
Hey there, i'm just looking for a little advice when it comes to my new set up and i'm new to this whole thing, so i apologize for seeming so retarded. I'm using a drip system with 2 tomato plants...

Grass will go green with this lawn cocktail
Many of us around the country had to deal with major lawn problems during 2007, not least of which were those dead-looking, dry, brown patches caused by drought or semi-drought conditions. Recently, I...