Subject Author Posted Replies

Worms/Bugs in Pears/Apples?
I have a Pear tree and an Apple tree - and this past year, I had worms or bugs drilling into the fruit. I know I need to spray with something around February to prevent the worms/bugs (I assume it is...
2
2

Better drainage will fix mold and mildew in mulch
QUESTION: "I have spent waaaay too much money applying redwood bark and cocoa hulls to my front and backyard landscape and flower beds only to find that the cool fall weather has caused the bark to...
1
1

Rick Rack (?) cactus/epiphyllum type plant
Is anyone familiar with the plant called rick rack? It resembles an epiphyllum. I would like to know the real name for it if anyone knows. Thanks, Jackie
2
2

Terrarium out of a 60 gallon tall aquarium help
Out of curiousity I did a search on this horticultural charcoal and happened onto Paghat's website. I was a little surprised to find that horticultural charcoal has absolutely none of the properties I...
2
2

Is My Dogwood Doomed?
One of my small, recently planted (about a year ago) 5-foot tall dogwood trees has sunscald on the southwest side of its trunk. The patch [of sunscald] is about 2" long and 1/2" wide. Is there any...
35
35

Merry Christmas to all my buddies
Thanks for the great tips and humor! Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant holiday. Sam

MAC garden software
Is anyone aware of a good garden data base software for MACs? We are interested in one which will allow us manage a large garden. We want to be able to build a plant data base with appropriate...
2
2

Mini Pine Tree in Planter
Hello green thumbs: I have a mini pine tree (dwarf alberta spruce) in a pot out on a northern exposure top third floor deck. Its currently 14 degrees fahrenheit and winter here in Chicago. It seems to...
1
1

Soil PH
Hi, Just a quick one. I know how to increase the soils PH. But what do i add to bring i down. Thanks Mar -- CORVIDSTATION61
49
49

Happy Solstice
Happy Solstice :-)
34
34

Plant propagation for industry
Hello to everyone! I'm pretty new to gardening but have been given the task at work t raise about 2000 plants for next summer in a heated poly tunnel. The site is a coal fired coastal power station on...
5
5

A Little Help
Is there anyone in this group who may be willing to receive digital photos of plants to help me identify their species? FYI: I am the one who presented the questions about sunlight and plants. Mark
13
13

Sunlight and Plants
Hello all: I am a relatively new member of this group, and I looked over the most recent messages before I decided to write this post. I have a question dealing, specifically, with the general...
13
13

Amazon lily (Eucharist)
Seeking a bulb or two of the above plant. I have only hibiscus seeds to trade, mostly Rose of Sharon, but am willing to buy the Amazon lily. Jackie

Tame Blackberries?
I have some tame blackberry plants. Will they produce this Summer if I dig them up and move them to a different location? Thanks Stan
1
1