Subject Author Posted Replies

Ecological Stages Of Trees
A Glance At The Ecological Stages Of Trees. This is not intended to be the last word on the topic. There is a requirement to separate the forest from the tree farm. Taking the old growth forest as...

Forest and woodland management
Large, fallen trees in various stages of decay contribute much-needed diversity to terrestrial and aquatic habitats in western forests. When most biological activity in soil is limited by low moisture...
5
5

tree pruning
A Few Important Hints It goes without saying that to prune the proper way requires a basic knowledge of the anatomy, biology and, yes, mechanics of that living being - the tree. Otherwise you will...

planting trees
1.. Plant at the depth where the roots spread from the trunk. Do expose the the trunk flare at the base of the trunk. This is stem tissue and needs to be out of the ground. 2.. Prepare a planting...

mulch
Mulch is anything that will facilitate the improvement of the micro organisms in the soil. Much has been misleading in mulch applications. I would like to set some straight. First let us focus on...

tree care
rote in message John, I don't need to post recommendations. I didn't start this stupid topic, post senseless spam, and continually piss off everyone who uses this forum. Have you looked into MSN?...
17
17

Bulbs
Does anyone know of any good buy, sell, or trade gardening classifieds? I am a gardener and this past fall I had a job that was cancelled and I have box full of bulbs in packages. Thanks, Jane
5
5

Silver Birch
Hi, Sorry i am new to this forum! I have recently bought a three foot hig silver birch...id like some advice - i was told that i would need t plant the tree as far away from the house as its adult...
1
1

Types of garnishes for floral arrangements??
Tried looking this up on the Web, including the sites for all kinds of florist services, and couldn't find what I was looking for, hope someone can help -- I'm looking for a short list of what I think...
2
2

I think I found a cheaper way to make a self-watering container
I was certainly doing it the hard way! This PDF file shows how to make a self-watering container for as little as $6-$7 per tub. I guess I won't work at making those containers I was thinking about! I...
1
1

Oleander disease in Southern California?
I live in San Diego North County. My neighbor is going to cut down his 25 year old Nerium Oleander Hedge (Sister Agnes). He said there is a scorched leaf disease that kills all Oleander shrubs. He is...
6
6

Gardening product
Check out this great idea and save yourself lots of time an energy,giving you more time to do the nice things in the garde -- david b http://www.nomess.co.uk
2
2

No fig tree for me
After several mild winters in a row (Southern NH, zone 5) and the prospect of global warming modifying my microclimate which is well protected from the cold north winds I had thoughts of planting a...
7
7

tree care site
I found a great site involving the education of trees and their associates. For those not so fortunate I provide the site. Shigo and Trees
7
7