Subject Author Posted Replies

Rose Pruning Time
and my blooming roses are blooming. I hate to cut them now.
1
1

Control of our food system
Fedco Seeds was mentioned as a source for seeds in a posting. After reading more about them in "The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved" by Sandor Ellix Katz, I want to second the recommendation, based...
4
4

it's about time
We have now about 15 minutes more daylight!!! Hip Hip Hooray Sunset is past 5pm and sunrise is now before 730 am We are 'supposed' to have SUN this weekend, and temps out of the 40s. (we shall see)...
11
11

OT Lanny posted this over in Rec.birds
Bill
1
1

Lean-to greenhouse & siding
I am thinking either building from scratch or purchasing a kit greenhouse to attach to my woodworking/misc. shop. This would be a "lean-to" type that comes off the back (south facing) side of the...
3
3

Slug elimination success
A couple of days ago we had 24 hours of drizzle & a hot humid evening. Usually the sort of weather slugs & snails thrive in. Not so, I went out ot my vege patch in the evening & found stuff all slugs....
1
1

Commerial Ride on Mower
Hi Could anyone in the knowhow possibly advice me on the purchase of commercial Ride on Mower. I have a budget of 25-30k although would be happy o spend 10kon th Rideon & use the remainder for sweets...
4
4

Tiny little purple balls
Hello there, I would really really like to be able to find out what this plant i called - my partner and I were walking in Hampshire, in the south o England and we spotted this unusual little plant...
2
2

Groove in the garden
Hi, This isn't a post on dancing but a house I'm looking at buying! viewed the property but noticed a "groove" in the middle of the lawn It stems from the edge of the slabs along the lawn, in a...
4
4

The Monster Storm
Well, my garden is intact after the California Hurricane..... The big storm that hit Friday. Wind gusts were over 80 mph. Over 2 inches of rain here-much more in many places.(14 inches!!) My only...
18
18

Question on Tobacco Tea
That's Julius. He's also the local union manager. Mr. Tough Guy. He thinks he's Tony Soprano.
28
28

Potatos in tyres
I have been growing pottatoes in tyres for some weeks now. One stack died off, 3 are still going and I pulled one up today expecting a crop of new potatoes. The stack was 6 tryes high, I got a measly...
12
12

Ligustrum/Privet
Just ask your nurseryman what the scientific name of his Texas Privet is. If he hedges (pun intended) and doesn't give you an answer ask if he will guarantee these plants to be Ligustrum japonicum,...
9
9

Suitable Plants for a family garden on a budget. Advice please!
I'm a real beginner & would like to start planning my summer garde porject. any advice is gratefully received! I have two small gardens, one front & one in back of the house... Th front garden is very...
5
5

Is it possible to make branches from a mulberry take root?
Help! I've just reluctantly had to heavily prune a 'black mulberry' tre that's thrived in my mum's garden for years - at 31' it had grown wa to big & had also begun to lean dangerously due to uneven...
8
8