Subject Author Posted Replies

What happened to my Lime tree?
I do not know too much about my Lime trees because they were planted by a previous owner. However, I have 2 of them. My tree in the front made lots of Limes this year. My tree in the backyard didn't...
3
3

~2000 Paulownia seeds for $10.00
In message , Andy Dingley writes newgroups list cut to None of the three British localities that I know have Paulownia specimens strikes me as particularly wet. Paulownia seed is said to germinate...
4
4

Don Staples
Don is a "consulting forester" he difines what that is on his website no body cares about me or you. Get it? Billy, studied chemistry. But does he really understand trees? You criticize my dictionary...
4
4

Prune 1 yr old butterfly bushes?
I read about pruning butterfly bushes, but I have several bushes planted last April. They are now about 4 feet tall. Should these bushed be pruned back to 1-2 feet high as recommended for more mature...
13
13

SHIGOMETER
Does anyone have any experience with the SHIGOMETER? With respect to CER. If so, what are your thoughts on the CER mean for Mountain Laurel? Did you notice something different about mountain laurel? I...
7
7

what to do with potted clematis in winter?
I live in zone 5/6 in central Pennsyvlania. Two years ago I got some Evison Patio Clematis in very bad condition in 10" pots. When winter came I set the pots against a southwest stone wall of the...
1
1

Chopping down Conifers
Hello, My first post here! How, when and what is the best way to chop down Conifers? We have several (rather overgrown) ones in our new garden. I hate them with a passion anyway, but these are making...
17
17

Tree planting and forest
14
14

Gardening in rainy weather and how to dry out the mud
Question: I have an old plastic 10' diameter swimming pool liner. If I were to spread that on the ground, would the soil under it dry out enough that I could work with it (dig in it, plant stuff,...
7
7

herbs plant
Hi, I want to grow herbs plant in my garden but would like some info on which herbs should I grow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
6
6

Industrial Pig slaughter down side.
CDC report: from Salon. "Since December, 12 meatpackers in Austin and two at a plant in Indiana have reported fatigue, numbness and tingling in their arms and legs. A few are severely disabled; others...
16
16

Gardenfork.tv, a web video show about cooking, gardening and other fun stuff
Hi Everyone, A brief hello here, I wanted to tell you all about my two web video podcasts that I thought you might find fun to watch. Gardenfork is a show about cooking, gardening, and other fun stuff...
1
1

Best preemergent for my lawn
I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his service for the rest of my sparcely grassed yard. He just sprays...
3
3

Scorched Oleanders
My large oleander bush was partially scorched during the October San Diego Fires. Part of it is still green but 2/3 of it looks scorched, although not burned. What's the best way of dealing with this:...
2
2

OFF Topic Ping Music lovers
be of interest to Billy, Charlie and other folks. Bill ps Videos too! ................... Betamax Doctrine Wed, 23 Jan 2008 Earlier today, two things happened. First, I wrote about our support of the...