Subject Author Posted Replies

Pine Tree Problem
My father has a couple of old (Japanese?) pine trees, each about 8 feet tall in which the needles are browning. He says that he only waters the trees and has never used any fertilizer. Is there any...
15
15

Customer is always wrong, I guess
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours trying to find a place selling a specific variety of sweet pepper for our garden this year. (Gypsy, an AAS winner, for those who care) I called around to a number...
7
7

Should I re-pot these plants?
Hi Thanks for reading. This is my first year gardenening, ever and was just wondering if 1) I planted too many seeds in the seed tray and 2) should I put them in bigger pots yet? are these pots big...
2
2

Fungus gnats
I have an outbreak of fungus gnats in my indoor plants. Some of these plants are tomato, peppers, etc to be transplanted into the outdoor garden. Other plants are houseplants. The cactus plants are...
10
10

Deterring Cats from Garden Beds
We currently have a stray cat who has set up shop in our back yard. I actually enjoy his company as I stroll around the garden. He follows me everywhere, examining the latest blooms with me, and has...
4
4

Arborvitae keep dying
I plant a lot of trees with good success, but I'm on my fourth Arborvitae in this same spot on the west side of my house (about half day sun). Living here 20 years I am sure there was no contamination...
5
5

forestry - tree farming, a closer look.
1.. Forest are systems where trees and many other communities of organisms are connected in ways that ensure high quality survival for all.. 2.. The growth of the chipping industries tells you...
6
6

Tiller Maintenance
Perhaps you'll find help here: And here: http://www.murray.com/contact/contact_us_75.asp http://www.murray.com/products/combined_search.asp?search=Model&type=OM...
5
5

Cheapie Reusable Plant Markers
Many of you probably do this, but for those who don't know... Cheap plastic knives, forks and spoons make excellant plant markers. I cut the knives in half and cut the handles off the spoons and...
6
6

jelly blobs with yellow eggs...
I've found a mass of jelly blobs with what looks like yellow eggs in them in the patch of earth next to our pond - i've no idea what they are but they look like they could cause trouble if they hatch....
1
1

Creeping Fig and watering habits and sunlight
I just bought another creeping fig for my balcony because one of the others dried out. The little tag on the pot says it should be minimally watered "once established". I'm assuming that means once...

Stargazer Lily question
I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. I purchased a pot of them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain degree, but not much. However, a few years back, I was given an...
6
6

Opinions wanted for Meditation Walk
I'm a firm believer in usenet, especially for opinions. This concerns US zone 6-7, the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA. Three years ago, we moved from a small twin with a 20-foot front yard out to...
5
5

OT: Tom Kan Pa where are you?
Has anyone heard from Tom? I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. I found some castor bean seeds to send him this year. I hope all is well with him. v
2
2

propagators good or bad
Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or potting compost gardenal
3
3