Subject Author Posted Replies

Fruit tree madness
Have posted in the past about two :"classic" variety fruit trees r+- 3-4 years old, planted same time. Blenheim Apricot doing well, Santa Rosa plum not. Lots of suckers which I remove -- Apricot has...
18
18

Amazing
amazing trees | Dusky's Wonders
6
6

Curing sweet potatoes?
This year we planted sweet potatoes in our garden in SE Iowa. Had a bit of frost a couple of nights ago so I dug them today and Googled on how to store them. To my surprise they need to be cured...
9
9

Is there some proper way to pick parsley?
Hi All, I have "Italian Parsley" in my tiny garden. It prefers the shade under my zuke jungle. Whenever I pick some, it wilts in about two hours. The organic stuff from the store lasts about two week...
7
7

OT; RF headphones
Esteemed fellow gardeners, may I solicit your input on unrelated Subject? I am shopping for Sennheiser RF headphones to listen to TV (never mind multiple reasons!) This ad on Amazon for RS 120...
10
10

Tree growing through bushes!
Hello, I've been tidying the garden and part of this has been giving the hedges and bushes a final cut. I've found a couple of the attached trees (?) growing through bushes. Can anyone tell me what...
3
3

Share your veg gardening space?
Wondering if others have something like the following in their communities: Allow would-be gardeners who live in apartments or otherwise have no ground , to grow crops in your garden in exchange for ?...
7
7

Scorched Earth Gardening
First time post so would appreciate some advice. Just bought a house with a neglected garden. To the back I had 10 foot tall ivy which I have cut down and a mat of ivy just below what was once the...
4
4

Question for David H-S
David, do you know the name of that grassy weed with the very nasty seed head that appears in front of the face of the pic that is labelled "Leila attack pup"? Ive had an infestation of that same weed...
2
2

Washer draining for watering lawns
Anyone know if there are any goofy Calif rules regarding diverting washing machine water to a container for watering the lawn? In my case I only use off-the-shelf liquid detergent and no softener or...
2
2

Echinacea in Alaska
Wondering if anyone has grown "Coneflowers" Echinacea purpurea as a flower garden perennial in the interior (or anywhere else) of Alaska.
1
1

Ideas for our garden
We want to make our garden a bit prettier. Key challenges are to: 1) Remove the shed (we have alternative storage space) 2) Replace the shed with an eating dining area 3) Hide the back brickwall 5)...
15
15

Gardeners Wanted For New TV Series
Do you have an eye for outdoor design? Are you talented when it comes to gardening? Studio Lambert, the makers of BAFTA award-winning Gogglebox, The Great Interior Design Challenge and Undercover...

92 degrees...
...at 6:00 PM, when I finally dragged myself out from behind the fan to do some needed transplantation; sweat running down mon visage. Got too dark t o finish; out this morning at 6:00 a.m. to get...
1
1

OT: Newsgroup vs Board
"I stand corrected. This is a newsgroup, not a board. There is a serious difference between those two terms and you've helped me to understand where I've gone astray. Thank you so very much...". IS...
2
2