3-time cancer survivor

I don't want this to seem like I'm looking for a handout but the fact is that I need help. Within the last five years I have survived cancer three times and now I want to go back to my native country of Norway so that I can see my mother again before it is too late. She is 73 years old and suffered a heart attack and a stroke last year and I'd like to see her one last time. My father was diagnosed with cancer the week before Christmas in 1995 and I had planned to travel back in February of 1996 but he passed away on January 18 of 1996 so I didn't get to see him. If you could find it in your heart to spare a dollar or two it would be greatly appreciated. My address is: Ingrid Smith-Johnsen

8985 Normandy Blvd. #78, Jacksonville, FL 32221
Reply to
IngridsKat

Ooo, cool game, I think it used to be called Queen for a Day, everyone tried to prove their life was more pitiful than everyone else's & the winner gets a new washing machine, hearing aid, or money from strangers. I'm ready to play! Here I go:

My dad died one month ago at age of 77, my beloved stepmom died in Thailand & I didn't get to see her toward the end, I got my arm crushed in an accident a couple years ago & because I didn't have medical insurance it healed crooked & I now need to have it rebroken to straightened out but can't afford to so I got this S-shaped arm & this morning I stubbed my toe so I'm all gimpy around the house like Igor in some old Frankenstine movie, my eyesight is a little worse each year & I finally need bifocals but they're too bloody expensive, I wrenched my back moving bags of manure & can't even afford the price of getting addicted to pain pills, I've got asthma around the neighbor's cat, my favorite granny died when I was nineteen, my vintage Dodge has zero oil pressure, I stubbed my toe earlier tonight, I've got friends off to war & worry about them every day, I've never been to Reno even once, there's not even one good vegetarian restaurant in town, price of ferry tickets keeps going up, my socks all have holes in them & my left shoe is sloppily stapled back together... oh, & my sweet little doggy Ninyo got run over when I was eleven. And I'm poor as a churchmouse scraping along as best I can, whine, snivel, oh the hunger, the hunger, if only I could afford a few ice lollies.

So if anyone wants to send me all their spare ten & twenty dollar bills, Ingrid is welcome to your ones & twos. I promise NOT to go to California to sponge off my elderly mom who had open heart surgery, but will certainly use some of the profits to buy a new tree or something really cool for the yard, where I expect someday to drop dead of a heart attack amidst flowers & a smile on my face for remembering the kind people who helped me get that tree back when I was a contestant for most pitiful life.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

good come back, Paggers.............sorry about that toe........... maddie

lots of smelly sarcasm snipped

Reply to
madgardener

then if you have survived cancer three times now, and it is a wonderful miracle, then you should go to the churches nearby and implore your problem with THEM, not us............think spring and flowers and good Karma........ madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@soggy72.drizzle.com:

Actually, donating could be a very good investment if you're planning on buying the property on paghat's lot. Keep her kicking as long as possible so she'll have to pay to take down that douglas fir. ;-)

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Some comic did a wonderful parody of Queen for a Day In the routine the woman goes through an incredible story of disease, death, desertion and despair that is clearly a winner, but when Jack Bailey ( the host of QfaD, if memory serves me) asks what she wants, she says only "A set of golf clubs."

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

That was George Carlin.

How soon they forget, you hippy dippy weatherman.

Don't make me say the seven words, Mofo.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

but the fact

times and now

my mother

attack and a

father was

planned to travel

so I didn't

dollar or two

I forwarded the message to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's computer crimes division. It's minor, but maybe . . .

Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Reply to
Jim Lewis

Mobile Home Park Listings for Florida:

Estates

8985 Normandy Blvd Jacksonville, FL 32221 904.786.2377
Reply to
Vox Humana

Cancelling your AOL account will save you over $20 a month.

Reply to
Ann Knight

You might want to sell that computer and all the accessories too!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus