Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with "Moonflowers"
'allo, I am in St. Louis, MO, USA. Last season I managed to grow some nice Ipomea Alba ("Moonflower vine") in the summer months. Saved lots of seeds. Also managed to transplant a Datura Inoxia...
9
9

Wisteria has changed colour!
Hi - my wisteria this year has changed colour from purple to pink and has an abundance of flowers - the best that it has ever looked? Last summer i laid a new patio close to the wisteria - has the...
1
1

EPA
I had trouble posting a comment on subject "Firms Seek Patents on ?Climate Ready? Altered Crops" It kept bouncing with a strange error message. So I am creating a new message quoting part of the...
1
1

Cerius cactus, robins, and city faeries.......
Hello friends, Maddie here.... well, here I am hanging over the edge of the fence again. I miss my garden friends and it's the rabid time of the year. Well, I finally got the last of the cactus and...

Roses and "snowball" plants
Pardon my ignorance on this subject but I have almost no knowledge about plants and flowers. I moved into a house a couple of years ago with a nice rosebush in the backyard. I didn't have a problem...
4
4

Poor looking pieris Forrest Flame tree
Can anyone help here. I live on the Hampshire/Berkshire borders and this Pieris tree has been as happy as Larry until this year. It is begining to loose all its leaves leaving huge near areas

Moon Maple problem
Hello! My 5 year old Moon Maple has 2 branches on one side where the leaves have not opened rest of the tree has got only healthy looking beautiful leaves.If anyone knows what it could I am quite...
3
3

Help on adding gardening section
Im thinking about adding a gardening /cleaning area to my site and i was wondering whether anyone could advise or become involved with moderating the section, thanks in advance.

Plant root damage - what type of pest
Once the snow cleared this year I found I have lost a lot of plants. Many of my japanese irises are gone. My daylillies have had half of their roots eaten away (lower half from below). I found piles...
1
1

Garden sheds
Morning all, I have just moved into a new house and the garden shed is in a bad state of disrepair and I currently only being held up by the vegetation that has enveloped it! Consequently I now need...
3
3

Firms Seek Patents on ‘Climate Ready’ Altered Crops
This makes me want to puke......these SOBs stand exposed as far as I am concerned. It has been a brilliant campaign developed over the last four decades. Bastards. Read carefully and see the...
6
6

Good book if you can find it.
Beautiful out of print book. Many black and white images with a rich detail of particulars. Hommel, Rudolf, China at Work. M.I.T. Press Cambridge, Mass., reprint 1979. The author lived in China during...
2
2

Garden Fence
Fellow gardeners, listen up. It appears que le bonne temps va rouler. Our much maligned "weather guesser" is predicting that the "Left Coast" will be in the 80's tomorrow and pushing at 100F by...
31
31

Hearty Mum Question
I purchased a mum last fall, and watered all winter, and it continued to live. Now it has grown quite large, and has flower budds on it. I was wondering if it will flower all summer? Should I keep it...
2
2

Can aloe vera plants be grown outdoors in England Kent
I would like to add some spikey plants to my perrenial flower bed and remembered the healing qualities of aloe vera. Can they be grown in England outdors and are there a variety of options to me? I...
3
3