Subject Author Posted Replies

my baby trees, willow and catalpa,& burr Oak non germ.
I have several Catalpa tree babies that are healthy and thriving. Not my favorite tree, wouldn't you know. I plan to put them in gallon size planting cans (gardening cans) when they are a bit taller....
5
5

Can someone identify this plant / berry / weed
Unfortunately I was too stupit to take any pictures, because at the time my wife's goal was just for me to *get rid of it!*, but it has puzzled us ever since what this plant might have been. So I'm...
4
4

Planting burr Oak acorn
Should this acorn be soaked? Scored? anything? Thanks, Jackie
7
7

Recently planted tree question
I planted four cottonwood trees 10 days ago, and have been giving them plenty of water. Three look ok, one has lost its leaves. Is that likely to be a temporary thing, or is this tree dying? Thanks
8
8

zinnia diseases
My zinnia saplings are affected by a disease. The top leaves have become curly and distorted. No pests/organisms are seen even when seen with a magnifying glass. There have been no improvement even on...
2
2

plastic greenhouse
for people in the uk those plastic greenhouses that cost about £20 i had one and the other day it was really windy and broke my greenhouse sending all my seedlings and my lillies i was growing all...
11
11

Name of low-growing ground cover with bird-of-paradise looking flowers?
I'm looking for the name of a low-growing groundcover that has unique looking little flowers that resemble the flowers of the much larger bird of paradise plant. I have seen this in an orange/red...

Are these trees about to die?
I'm told they might be ill and due to be cut down soonish: do you think? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2512191676_c688245b50_b.jpgWhat...
4
4

Lemon Tree Advice to a newbie please: Is it wide enough to plant my new bought lemon tree?
Hi everyone, I'm SO NEW to gardening. I was an earth day volunteer of "Tree People" a few weeks ago and after that event I decided to plant my first tree. So this morning I went to homedepot and...
2
2

Oregano oil as natural pesticide
Article from Science Daily tested efficacy of oregano oil against plant beetles. First para: "ScienceDaily (May 23, 2008) ? New research in the Society of Chemical Industry's Journal of the Science of...
2
2

In this Corner Vinca Minor In This One Creeping Charlie
I have spent hundreds of dollars and dozens of hours planting a shaded area around my pergola with dense concentrations of Vinca Minor, only to see the bed infested with Creeping Charlie. I thought...
2
2

Elderly lady needs your advice about weed cutters
Hello you all, I am an elderly lady and I am looking for a weed cutter or weed eater but none of these electrical. They scare the hell out of me. I am looking for a mechanical one. In the past, I used...
1
1

Mystery Trees
I wonder if I could engage some interest in helping me identify some trees and a flowering plant? Some background: I'm in SW Idaho-Sunset Western Garden Book says I'm 2B although most seed packages...
12
12

Poppy Growing Guide
2
2

How To Go Organic
13. How To Go Organic have been wondering about how to "go organic" for decades, and interest in organic everything seems to be growing exponentially. Created by the Organic Trade Association, this...