Subject Author Posted Replies

Good Tomatoe variety
I ma in Nova Scotia, Eastern Canada. Can u plz recommend to me cuople of good Tomatoe varieties other than Scotia. Thanxz Paul
3
3

Uncovered a rabbit nest iin my half-barrel planter
Just discovered them while trying to put in some big Coleus. What on earth made them think it was a good place for a nest up off the ground, and what, if anything, should I do? I don't want them in...
78
78

gophers
Hello again, Anyone have any real life tips on trapping gophers? After reading up on it on some forum I went and got some of the simple Victor traps that were touted as so effective. Well the result...

Birch Trees
I have seven birch trees about 10 years old and 20 ft high planted in two groups of threes and one single. They are planted in Mississauga, Ontario. In spring the tree leaves emerged normally and all...
1
1

leaves turning yellow on sycamore
Hello, I had 3 sycamores planted last fall. All three came to life wonderfully this spring and were doing great up until this week. Now the leaves of one of them are turning yellow with something of a...
39
39

Melting on the way to visit me friends over the fence
Howdy, maddie here (aka, "madgardener" ) Sitting here cooling off after walking the mile or so to the library in the center of this old historic town in mid 90's and 60% humidity. I was starting to...

Weather Software you like
I like Seasonality US $ 25 a stand alone MAC weather application . Combine it with I use Bill All of the weather. None of the nonsense.

How plants respond to physical forces
Fascinating article from Science Daily. A little technical for moi, but worth a look from those of us interested in theory and experiment. Persephone Web address: Scientists Uncover How Plant Roots...

Lilies - I need more like this!
I have two small columns of stones in the back yard. In front of each, I planted three day lilies two years ago. This week, the first of 100 possible blooms have opened. A few photos: daughter is a...
4
4

Dangling Tomato Plants OK?
I have only grown tomato plants one time - Sub-Arctic variety in a raised bed when I lived in Alaska. I don't think that the experience carries over very well though. What I have now is two plants in...
4
4

seedlings from yellow water iris
I seem to have a lot of seedlings around my tiny tiny pond from the tall yellow water iris--at least that's how I think of them--they probably have a better botanical name. Will the seedlings...

Sticky pots and got them in the ground
Went out Tuesday for a round of nurseries with two friends. Came home with a bunch of tomatoes (Bull's Heart, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Japanese Black Triffle, Sugary, Black of Tula, Green Grape),...
3
3

First pickings from the garden! Yay!
Hi Y'all! Thought I'd drop in to see how everyone's gardens are going... I got my first pickings from the garden peas a couple of days ago. Have more that should be ready to come off today. We were a...
2
2

PVC watering roses
Having gone through a lot to de-weed a rosebed, I decided no longer to water the whole bed, just the roses, to discourage weeds. So I bought a length of narrow PVC at Home Despot, plus plastic end cap...
17
17

ID help
Please help me identify two plants. http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003//temp/Thanks