Subject Author Posted Replies

Dancing in the pre-summer rains, purple feets, changing Horticultural zones, and approaching Solstice
Howdy friends, Maddie here. I was just wanting to report that in the lastl three days strong rain fronts have blown across the corner of where I am now living (it was different when I was up on the...

Exciting "no dig" article
This is from LA Times today. a local man who does "no dig" gardening atop mounds of hay, alfalfa, and compost, that produces bumper crops of food. An eye-opener! Persephone
16
16

Cutting back Honeysuckle
Can I trim back my Honeysuckle at this time of year and can I take cuttings, if so what is the method I should employ, thanks in anticipation
4
4

Trimming rosemary
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong when trimming back my rosemary. I clip the branches about midway to keep the bush more compact and dense - but all that happens is that a few months later...
7
7

blueberry seed germination
There are a few wild blueberry plants growing in a section of my lawn. I am wondering how they got there. I have lived here for 20 years and would have noticed them if they were here all along. As I...
5
5

hosta/slug info
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit What works best for you? - copper -...
13
13

Lower crop yields due to Ozone
Thanks for the article and link.
8
8

SOFTWARE: Best Landscaping Software
Hello, What are the best landscaping software programs? I would like to make a plan for a 5 acre lot and I think a software program would be better than paper pencil. Thank you

Bummed - what the heck happened
Potted up a small container (coir lined basket actually) with a sun tolerant coleus, a million bells and some zinnias (the colors worked) late last week. They looked fine until Monday when the heat...
6
6

Upside Down Tomatoes in Paint Buckets is a Bust!
I followed all the directions of various people on the Internet and tried growing tomatoes in 5 gal plastic buckets. In every case the plants grew and when the flowers appeared they wilted and died. I...
5
5

plastic mulch
Planting my starter green beans through clear plastic mulch yesterday when I realized that it was very hot. Then I realized that a third of the beans that I had planted had their leaves on the plastic...

Irrigating from High Water Table
Greeting from Southern California: I am interested in extracting water from a water table that is less than 15' deep. I know the depth of the water table as I recently dug a trench to install a sewer...
1
1

Creosote Ties
I am looking for some old railroad ties. They have creosote treating on them, but it is weak due to the age of the ties. Is this a problem when using them to form raised beds? Steve
14
14

Shrub ID Please
I'd been over this with some other people and so far have not gotten a proper ID yet. Can someone let me know what the heck this thing is? for any help! Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from
1
1

Bender Board and Lawn Mower
I have an established lawn. The outer edge is brick and the inner edge is wood. The wood is at ground level but over time the wood gets covered with dirt. The other side of the wood border is a...
5
5