Subject Author Posted Replies

Peach tree
Our peach tree, suited for our area, has not produced healthy fruit in three years. This year I gave it one more chance. I thinned the fruits early, pruned properly, cleaned up the area beneath the...
54
54

Fuchsia
Does anyone grow fuchsia from seed? I looked at a few catalogs but none sold seeds. Any help appreciated. Chris
5
5

HoneyLocust Plant Bug
Hi all. I'm new here - hope it's not too off topic. S. Ontario - near Stratford - 15 year old locust. Have bad infestation of HoneyLocust Plant bug. Tree is almost half eaten. Never seen it before....
3
3

Which is better? (mosquitoes)
Which is better, getting rid of *all* the standing water? Or leaving one bucket full of stagnant water under a tree (to lure them to one place) and putting one of those "mosquito dunks" in it? I think...
12
12

Kill My Palmettos!!! PUH-LEASE!!!!
We have an acre lot in west central Florida and palmettos are the norm just about everywhere. I have dug up some 'infestations' and they never come back but you have to dig them out completely. A few...
7
7

Garden myths [was: overhand or underhand]
Here's a few garden myths, just to get you started on Ideas that have been Debunked. http://tinyurl.com/3orwj3Persephone
1
1

Dahlia Question
Hi Y'all, My 3-yr old son picked out a dahlia from the store back in May. Please keep in mind, to him this is "his" flower in "mommy's" flower bed and he is very attached to it! When we bought the...
4
4

Seeking seeds from list, please; for making home-made version of QR Quick Return Compost Activator
Hi, I am seeking the seeds from the list below, for making home-made version of QR Quick Return Compost Activator. I cannot buy the QR Quick Return Compost Activator from England, as I resides in...

Feedback from Garden Pros
I recently finished an addition to that gives landscape and garden professionals the opportunity to publish their portfolios online with unlimited pictures and a direct web link. My website is small...
1
1

Laurel leaves
Hi, After pruning my laurel hedge, I now have lots of prunings ~ 2 cu metres ( in 1 ton bags) After searching the internet, I found conflicting advice about what can safely be done with them as...
2
2

Slugs-nothing works, please help!!!!
I have a massive slug problem in my garden of pots, (it is only a yard, no grass). I have brought a lot of my plants inside as the slugs won't leave them alone (I've given up trying things now, tried...
8
8

Mantis reel mower?
Has anyone used the new reel mower from Mantis, either the manual or the 24-volt battery assited one? My wife just put in another flower bed so the lawn part of the yard has gotten considerably...
2
2

Bandaid needed?
I have a 25' carrotwood tree, trunk diameter 7". (See photo One) It was bifurcated. To prevent splitting, I cut off the smaller of the two trunks with an almost vertical cut. left a large wound, about...
14
14

Overhead or underhand
I want to improve my garden. I need to protect it from the brutal winds we have here sometimes, and I would like to shade a portion of it. I am going to build a framework similar to those at plant...
23
23

help needed on gardening quiz question?
I have almost completed a gardening quiz but am stuck on just one question. All the answers to the questions in the quiz have to relate to flowers, trees or plants. Here goes the clue: "it sounds as...