Subject Author Posted Replies

Canary Island Date Palm
Just received some Canary Island Date Palm seeds as a gift and would like to hear from anyone who has grown these from seed before. I plan to sow them indoors as I'm in the UK. What's the best type of...
1
1

hydrangeas
can i buy hydrangeas, and keep them in a more compact form? if i cut them down, do i do this in the spring? has anyone tried this successfully? thanks, rosie
4
4

Topped Leylandii by mistake
Hi When I planted some five foot Leylandii last year I took off about six inches off the top ie the growing tip because I thought it might help establish them twelve months on they are growing...

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Giant Leopard Moth
It's no mystery how this moth got named, both common and Latin names derive the the pattern of spots on the wings. js -- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
4
4

What kind of tree is this (link)? Is this fruit edible?
Hello... I'm curious what the tree in the follow pictures is: Also...is the fruit edible? Thank you,...
40
40

Books and products that add to garden fun
I=92ve always thought that cooking enthusiasts and garden lovers have a lot in common. For example, cooks tend to have a shelf full of cookbooks and always seem to have room for =93just one more.=94...

Hot water heater needed in North FL Greenhouse?
I am about to set up a greenhouse in North Florida. Is it customary/advisable at that latitude to install a hot water heater as part of the irrigation system? Thanks. Don
2
2

Help an amateur please!!
Hi, Just need a bit of advice on how to look after this plant please, the bottom of each has started to die off........? Also should I cut off the twig like things sprouting from the plant itself??...
4
4

Tropical Gardening forum
Hi there, Im a member of a tropical gardening forum based in the UK, we are looking for new members, so if your into gardens with a tropical theme do check us out.

weedeater question
I usually lurk but I need some help with a weedeater and am hoping someone can help. My electric ryobi just died forever this time, no patching it up. It seems they no longer make this kind or at...

Truncheon propagation
Hello, i have a question regarding truncheon propagation of the red mulberry. I just completed a jaunt cross the top of the states and lucked into a mulberry disarming after it violated the driveway...

Swallowtail caterpillar in my garden
I found it yesterday on a volunteer dill plant that grew up in the pole beans. I thought it was a Monarch; they look very similar. Today it has almost doubled in size already, and the dill plant is...
8
8

Hello friends of gardening
I am really curious how your gardens look like. Look at mine: interested to share? Have fun, bye, Alex. http://www.rixa.com/node/38Anybody
3
3

My aptenia is dying
Southern California Zone 10. We have a 90x40 patch of aptenia iceplant. Until a few weeks ago, it was verdant and lush. The ground is flat.. In the last several weeks, the aptenia iceplant developed...
1
1

Re: Best Safest Most Economic Root Drench Systemic Pesticide & Fungicide All in ONE?
Re: Best Safest Most Economic Root Drench Systemic Pesticide & Fungicide All in ONE? Hello, I am in the UK and looking for an All Round Fungicide/ Pesticide Root Drench Systemic does one exist? thats...