Subject Author Posted Replies

Zucchini flowers
The flowers on my zucchini seem to drop off- or maybe they're being bitten? It seems like a clean cut, as though someone took a pair of scissors to them. I rarely see squirrels or other critters in...
3
3

Banana Plants
We have a Banana tree at our nursery which is actually 15 feet tall and grows in the garden of our nursery in Anglesey!!! Does anyone else know of a larger one being grown outside, we would love to...
2
2

String trimmer frustration
Can anyone offer any suggestions for the purchase of a decent brand of string trimmer where the line doesn't keep jamming? Or a suggestion to keep the line from jamming? I have tried everything from...
6
6

Neem oil as a repellant
I've read that Neem oil can be used as an insecticide as well as a repellant. Has anyone here had experience using Neem oil to control cucumber beetles? How well did it work, and will it work as a...
19
19

Off Topic One hell of a flash back On Growing though
Got me shuffling through my library and brought a nod. Seems my garden reflects or is inspired by this in away. Holding up a flower as mentioned in the Youtube taste resonates. Bill
6
6

Hydroponics Mold Problem
Hi, I'm quite new to both bonsai and hydroponics, but I've been keeping a couple Ficus, Willow, and Serissa alive for a few months in an ebb and flow setup using lava rock gravel as the medium and...
2
2

pruning rasberries/blackberries
Hi, I was wondering if I have to wait until fall/early winter to prune the primocanes, or can I prune them after I am done harvesting the fruit. Thanks!! Eddie G

Close call
I was outside yesterday and my daughter and I were admiring the pumpkin plants. They seemed to have put on about 12-16 inches of growth in the last couple days! Nice little flower buds on them too......
4
4

HELP With Japenese Beetles!
Can anyone give me some natural ideas for my blueberries and raspberries that are being eaten by the tons of beetles that are here! We had gotten beetle traps and placed them away from the plants but...
11
11

climb around the pole
Hello, I am looking for a plant to twine around a birder feeder pole, preferably perennial and evergreen, can anyone recommend something? The soil is in a sunny
1
1

Orbit products?
In early Spring, I purchased a couple of the Orbit Digital water timers with valves, etc. then, spent a lot of time and money installing a system to irrigate my garden beds and shrubs. What a job, but...

Maintaining a Holiday Home garden
hey i own a holiday home in norfalk and have been struggling to maintain the garden when im away. any tips?

Weeders
I'm looking for a long handled weeder because I have back problems and it has become very difficult for me to get down to weed. There are several that I've found online. Would anyone give me advice on...
6
6

Pennsylvania question
Here are two plants with things going on with the leaves. Can anyone id any of the many things going on with these leaves? http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/bobtemp/Thanks
21
21

soaking rains, counting bean blossoms, visiting winged dignitaries
Good day friends, Maddie just hanging over the back fence. Don't let those beans get in the way of our chatting. I was back there yesterday after the rains came again and saw my FIRST bean blossom!!...