Subject Author Posted Replies

Basil rooting
Hi all, Since I have a gathering coming up soon, I took a couple snips of shoots from my potted basil plant and plunked them in water. They seem to be rooting just fine, but the apex leaves have...
3
3

Sick cherry tree
Last year, both of my apricots exhibited these symptoms, that is peeling bark. This year they are both dead. This year, one of my cherry trees is doing the exact same thing. There is no sign of...
13
13

Since I don't know spit about roses...........
Howdy, maddie here, Since I don't know spit about roses, I'm cutting and pasting this question I got from my former sister in law who I keep in touch with because despite that her brother, my...
3
3

clematis
I have a problem with primarily my clematis. The leaves have started to go brown round the edges. I left if for a while hoping it was nothing, but it has spread all over the plant and the leaves seem...

Hedge Advice
Hello All, Nice forums some good topics going on here :) I have a boundary to my garden which is adjacent to a public footpath approx 50m long. Approx 40m of it has 6ft fencing with hawthorn hedge at...

Hot weather how to chill?
Besides getting out early but with dew points over 70 yuck! Bill
1
1

Plant ID please
Hi I am new to the forum and I have just moved to a new house and was wondering if you could help me ID this plant please ? [image: I have posted this in the wrong place I am sorry and please feel...
13
13

Elderberry Questions
I planted six elderberry plants last year. This year they are five to six feet tall and have fruit set. Question is how do you tell when the fruit is optimum for harvesting? I have them enclosed with...

Pear trees need a pair for pollination
Even without a partridge, a pear tree can add a special touch of beauty to almost any landscape. But, depending on your needs =96 ornamental or fruiting - you should do a little research before you...
7
7

Potatoes and flower pinching
Hello All, A friend told me that I should pinch off the flowers from my potatoe plants in order to divert that energy to the tubers. Do people feel that is correct? I've done it for a couple years and...
1
1

compost
The local grocery has a compost recycle bin, for food scraps etc. Even the plates and utensils go in there. I was wondering, what constitutes 'composting'? I mean, does it simply get dumped into a big...
25
25

Virginia Creeper dying help please
Hi I'm new to these boards so I'm hoping that someone out there can help me. I have a very large and extended Virginia creeper which was beautiful untill 3 days ago when the top half of it turned...
2
2

i am happy
my sunflowers have come into flower yay will add a photo soon when i get some batteries fro my digi cam
6
6

Planting sweet peas
I was at a friends house yeaterday and she had lovely sweet peas in her garden. I asked her when she planted them and she said that it was only a few weeks ago. Is it too late to plant these? It's...
1
1

Triffids
Which is better, the 1963 version of "Day of the Triffids", or the 1981 British mini-series? (I haven't seen either yet, nor read the book. I do know it's not supposed to have a "happily ever after"...
4
4