Subject Author Posted Replies

Red Apple Dying
Check your soil composition. Clear off the top couple of inches (5 cm) of a small patch of your growing area and then take a plug of soil (approx. 250 cc: about 6 x 6 x 6 cc). Make a slurry of this...
6
6

Are common house ants cannibals?
Flikina Rosalka had written this in response to : I know lasius niger ants are because I saw a group of them eating one of their queens (came back later and found they had left half the corpse). They...
1
1

What plant is this?
Hi All, I'm a new gardener and brand-new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this plant, as I'd like to get some more! start growing early summer, and flower in late summer into...
4
4

Grapes
Today, we went into the garden. A mostly ignored neglected place that we had high hopes for last spring. We found a few edible things, and thigh high weeds. BUT, along the wall were lots and lots of...
3
3

Garden Health Issues good ones and things to avoid
Bending, twisting, pushing and pulling all exercises. I donĀ¹t know about you but when I am about in the garden an I identify a task I do it without any warm-ups aside from a cup of coffee. These days...
5
5

Free Seeds For Everyone
WE STILL HAAVE AN OFFER OF FREE SEEDS, IT SEEMS PEOPLE DONT WANT SOMETHING FOR FREE TO TRY!!! JUST CLICT INTO THE ENQUIRIES AT WE WILL SEND YOUR SEEDS FREE WITH FREE POSTAGE ALSO!! KATHRYN
2
2

gulf fritillary/assassin bug...orange
I have a passion flower in my back yard, i am in extreme south louisiana..50 miles southwest of new orleans. the first year that we were visited by the gulf fritillary butterfly, and the show that...
1
1

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass
My yard is being infested by Bermuda grass. I have Fescue grass and Zoysia that is being attacked by Bermuda grass. I also have the Bermuda grass growing in my flower beds. I don't know how to get rid...
4
4

Jasmine won't flower
Hi all We have a jasmine plant in the back garden in a relatively sunny spot but it hardly flowers. Its been in for a couple of years now and is watered regularly. It gets a feed every couple of weeks...
2
2

Anyone on here from south Florida?
Hello, I'm in South Florida (U.S.) and wonder if there are any other Florida gardeners on this list.
1
1

Volunteer tomatoes
Strange year! Received seeds as usual from Canadian internet friend. They have done well in past years (except for the year when everybody in So. Calif. Coastal had wilt. This year, virtually nada,...
4
4

When to plant fall stuff
Back on the subject of gardening....is there any specific/best time to plant fall crops? I'm interested in cabbage, brocolli, etc., which take up to 90 days to produce. I'm guessing mid August they...

Compost Making. Utterly Confused!!
Composting is a verb... you compost to make humus. a brown or black complex variable material resulting from partial decomposition of plant or animal matter and forming the organic portion of...
14
14

Tree root danger? ? ?
We have a spruce or fir tree which came up on its own, about 10 inches from the foundation of our house. At first it seemed to be just a shrub, but it's now grown into a tree about 30 feet high. We...
6
6