Subject Author Posted Replies

Design Project needs you input- problems digging?
Hello, I'm a product design student trying to improve digging in the garden for my third year project. If any one could please fill in the two quick surveys below (they are simple click questions,...

A victory of sorts
I have moles from time to time. I've used those mole smokers, and surprisingly they seem to work well. I don't know if it killed them or just drove them off, but the end result was no more moles. And...
3
3

Help for a novice... What use are brambles and weeds for the future?
Brambles Edible Parts: Fruit. Fruit - raw or cooked[105, 161]. Rather variable in quality, there are a number of named forms with delicious fruits that have been selected for cultivation[2]. Used for:...
2
2

Corn recommendations
Would help to know your location.
5
5

Small invader
DennisP;823633]This plant appeared in our garden earlier this year. Can anyone identify it please? we will help if we can but need to see the plant. please put pic in photobucket or some other site...
1
1

possible death of far too many houseplants........
thanks Laura. I kinda figured if I was patient, and waited for the deffinate signs of death or at least leaf die off, I'd see what had gotten freeze burnt. I hadn't watered the cacti and succulents in...
2
2

April trees
That's the one. There are 25 seedlings coming. About 15 or so will be planted on my side of a property boundary WAAAAAY up in the corner of my back 40 where a new owner of old property has erected a...
2
2

Extraordinary Gardens And Gardeners
HELLO, who out there has an extraordinary garden ? or considers themselves to be an extraordinary gardener ? know anyone who is ....? know anyone with a private garden out of this world ? Let me know!...

Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem NYT Editorial
Op-Ed Contributor Our Home-Grown Melamine Problem By JAMES E. McWILLIAMS Published: November 17, 2008 Austin, Tex. CHINA¹S food supply appears to be awash in the industrial chemical melamine....

Autumn leaves as mulch?
I'm in the UK where most gardeners either gather up leaves and put them into black plastic bags with some holes in or into a kind of pen made with chicken wire. They are eventually put back onto the...
4
4

Re: Garlic/onion frost damage
Plenty damn help keeping the water on your side of the pond... ya oughta try some beaver... ahahahaha. . . . Yup, never enough of those after dinner varmints to go around.

How raised is raised
Thank you for another fine idea. I am going to pick up some 22 ga. corrugated metal tomorrow from a local Fabral plant. I can get all the scraps I want. Tomorrow, I will be picking up 8' lengths for a...
2
2

Any great plant sales in Chicago area?
OK, I'll bite. Why?
5
5

bougainvillea woes - losing leaves and flowers - watering, feeding, etc...
here's an update: There are lots of leaves on the lower braches of the bougainvillea that are behind the balcony and they become more sparse on the above branches that reach over the balcony and...
3
3

Great sweet corn challenge
I launched my big sweet corn challenge today. Roy is an old chap across the road. 91 and still going strong for his age. He has lived in the same house for 70 years and, apart from war years, had a...