Subject Author Posted Replies

Green Giant Arborvitae Advice
I'm thinking of planting a hedge row of Green Giant Arborvitae. I want to plant them tight (3 foot on center), because I don't like the V-shaped gaps I've seen on other Green Giant hedge rows planted...
9
9

Bees
The ice has melted and the quarter million folks down the road almost have all the power back on. The sun is out and temps should go up to 50's and 60's in a day or so. So, I am planning to get some...
15
15

Japanese bettles
Have any of you out there got a sure fire way of getting rid of or controlling these pests? For 2 years in a row now they have infested my plum, cherry,and apple trees. Also my 3 grape vines. They...
20
20

Greenhouses
I am looking to get myself a green house. My question is which brands are the best and what do I need to put in it in terms of shelves and heating? All advice greatfully accepted.
2
2

Anyone near Riverside, Washington?
wants them I'm not anywhere near Riverside, WA, but perhaps I can be of some use... Corydalis lutea is the longest flowering perennial I have in my garden. I can have blooms from early spring into...
2
2

Source for reverse-threaded (non-bulkhead) PVC fittings for greenhouse?
Does anyone know where I can get standard-size, but reverse threaded PVC fittings (1/2", 3/4", and 1" size)? I'm adapting a PVC greenhouse design, and would need to be able to rotate a series of PVC...
9
9

Longevity of buried hardware cloth?
Just moved to a new house, and now have room for a garden. Bad news is that there is a huge mole problem, so I was thinking about trenching around the garden area and burying hardware cloth (metal...
10
10

blackberries
I live in west Arkansas, zone 7 When is the best time to plant blackberries. I was think of planting Doyle's blackberries. Thanks Bob

Off Topic Ping Jangchub aka Victoria
"Engaging Digital Tibet was created to enhance the teaching and learning of Tibetan material history. The site contains an advanced, searchable repository of Tibetan objects, as well as unique...

Arborvitae freeze
Any le bark off Arborvitae It's not dead... it's January in New England... it's hibernating. Arborvitae begin to drop many of their leaves/needles from the early part of the prior year's growth late...
2
2

Bare Hawthorn Hedge
If you are going to plant beech into your hedge, use slightly larger beech hedge plants. (not the one year onld ones). Hawthorn hedges have greedy root systems, and your will want to buy bare root...
1
1

We will see if it can be fixed
Cows basically eat all day and chew their cud and have multiple stomachs loaded with bacteria that can break down cellulose. Grass eaters are also stupid. The only protein found in plants are enzymes....
6
6

hardy cactus in zone 7
Got this yesterday, locally outdoors. Currently in my truck bed, in a garage near a row of windows. I think I might cut it into 3 parts, each with a node. Although the mother plant is hardy, I need to...
1
1

How do you take Alder cuttings
I'm hoping to propagate Alder from hardwood cuttings. Do you know if this is possible? Thanks in advance.

looking after cactus
I know that you should not water cactus a lot but do they need feeding at all? I don't know what type they are but at the moment are very small, 4 different types in a 10 inch pot, Thankyou for any...
1
1